“keep on driving”

Days Inn Monterey-Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium
Ranked #47 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Room - clean, door had a 3/4 inch gap so the road noise was awful. Used the extremely cheap and hard toilet paper to stuff the gap. We booked the luxury king room, not sure what the luxury was. The fire was tucked into the corner of the room behind the trudge, you couldn't see it unless you walked around the fridge -why bother unless it allows you to charge more. Only 2 small hard towels in the bathroom. Only 8 channels on the TV. When you walk I.to the lobby all you can smell is curry.
rooms are basic, paint all over the front of the fireplace, hard towels, cheap toilet paper.
basically an over priced budget hotel. Pay more and go somewhere nicer or buyer beware

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2012

This motel and our room was an unexpectedly good experience.
The location was perfect for us - just across from the Del Monte Shopping Center, near Hwy 1, and easily accessible to the Peninsula attractions. The bathroom was upgraded with marble tiles in the excellent shower, and granite floor and sink. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Overall an excellent experience - and for such a reasonable price! We'll definitely recommend this Days Inn location on Munras Ave.

P. Desvernine

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stay at this hotel once a month. The owners are really nice people and the hotel is always clean and in great shape.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bart A
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I decided to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Monterey Peninsula in Central California. What I didn't know was that everything on my 'to do' list was expensive (food, aquarium etc...). I did a search through 'booking.com' and found the 'Days Inn Monterey Fisherman's Wharf' at a rate that was so affordable that I had to assume there was a 'catch' (no pun intended)!
As it turned out, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was ALWAYS available and went beyond my expectations to make sure I had everything I needed and the location was within 2 minutes walking distance from the Del Monte Shopping Center (the only shopping center on the Monterey Peninsula!!) and the continental breakfast was constantly refreshed so I only needed to figure out where to go for a really nice dinner!
In the end, I saved enough money to see everything on my 'to do' list and ate some of best seafood I have ever had!!
The Days Inn Monterey at Fisherman's Wharf was clean and comfortable at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank eli_199226
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I decided to get away for the weekend and book a jacuzzi suite with fireplace. Nice large room....jacuzzi was big enough for 2 and fireplace was a nice touch. Check in process was good, continental breakfast was good as I didn't need to drive anywhere to grab breakfast. Shopping right across the street...any girl's wish!

Only downfalls were the heater next to my bed was noisy. I had it up to 80" and it was blowing 70" air. I checked the thermostat to make sure it was set properly and it was on HEAT. The walls are also thin. Had I not had the heater running all night, I could hear the neighbor's tv as I heard it walking into my room.

Overall I would visit again as the property is clean and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine R
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We,my wife , daughter,grandson , son in law and myself stayed there March 2011, what a great hotel, front desk had a great welcome, maybe because we were Irish, the staff were so friendly and helpful, the rooms were warm , clean and roomy, wifi in all rooms for free, the hotel was so centreal for Monterey , a great choice of restaurants to choose from, also staff very friendly, plenty of room in car park , over all the hotel was great, would recommend this hotel, will def return to Days Inn next time in Monterey.

Room Tip: Can't really , all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PatrickLeader
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel (motel) did not live up to the photos on line or our expectations of a clean, updated room.
At first, the hair dryer did not work and needed to be replaced. The heater was very noisy.
The continental breakfast was served in the front office and did not have a very good selection.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends