“Great for price”

Ranked #48 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Walnut Creek, California
“Great for price”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have been visiting Monterey for 40 +years. I stayed here this weekend while visiting to get a rental unit ready for a new tenant. All I wanted was a clean room,comfortable bed, plenty of hot water and a TV! Everything I needed was provided and I was completely comfortable and satisfied. I have stayed in many expensive hotels/motels incl the Monterey Plaza/Bay Inn/Hyatt etc with my wife and those are all excellent places ( and three to four times the cost)--but for a clean,standard motel room this is a excellent place to stay. I will be back again--by the way the bath was newly tiled, the room was indeed crowded but a room with king bed for under $75 in Monterey on a Friday night with coffee and light breakfast- it is a good deal!

Room Tip: not sure-I stayed in 115
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rob H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Belmont, California
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I think the listing is not quite accurate (you'll have to drive a bit to get to Fisherman's Wharf or the Aquarium), but this must be one of the best bargains on the Monterey Peninsula. Clean rooms, excellent furnishings, and friendly staff - a King-size bed for $69 per night ! Or you can get an ocean-view room at another motel on the Monterey coast or in Carmel for $150-200 per night. Your choice. The breakfast at the Days Inn leaves much to be desired, but you can grab some juice or coffee, then walk across the street to Whole Foods and get excellent pastry.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2009Benjamin
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Room - clean, door had a 3/4 inch gap so the road noise was awful. Used the extremely cheap and hard toilet paper to stuff the gap. We booked the luxury king room, not sure what the luxury was. The fire was tucked into the corner of the room behind the trudge, you couldn't see it unless you walked around the fridge -why bother unless it allows you to charge more. Only 2 small hard towels in the bathroom. Only 8 channels on the TV. When you walk I.to the lobby all you can smell is curry.
rooms are basic, paint all over the front of the fireplace, hard towels, cheap toilet paper.
basically an over priced budget hotel. Pay more and go somewhere nicer or buyer beware

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Monterey hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This motel and our room was an unexpectedly good experience.
The location was perfect for us - just across from the Del Monte Shopping Center, near Hwy 1, and easily accessible to the Peninsula attractions. The bathroom was upgraded with marble tiles in the excellent shower, and granite floor and sink. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Overall an excellent experience - and for such a reasonable price! We'll definitely recommend this Days Inn location on Munras Ave.

P. Desvernine

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Walnut Creek
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stay at this hotel once a month. The owners are really nice people and the hotel is always clean and in great shape.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bart A
seaside
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I decided to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world, the Monterey Peninsula in Central California. What I didn't know was that everything on my 'to do' list was expensive (food, aquarium etc...). I did a search through 'booking.com' and found the 'Days Inn Monterey Fisherman's Wharf' at a rate that was so affordable that I had to assume there was a 'catch' (no pun intended)!
As it turned out, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was ALWAYS available and went beyond my expectations to make sure I had everything I needed and the location was within 2 minutes walking distance from the Del Monte Shopping Center (the only shopping center on the Monterey Peninsula!!) and the continental breakfast was constantly refreshed so I only needed to figure out where to go for a really nice dinner!
In the end, I saved enough money to see everything on my 'to do' list and ate some of best seafood I have ever had!!
The Days Inn Monterey at Fisherman's Wharf was clean and comfortable at an affordable price and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eli_199226
Campbell, California, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I decided to get away for the weekend and book a jacuzzi suite with fireplace. Nice large room....jacuzzi was big enough for 2 and fireplace was a nice touch. Check in process was good, continental breakfast was good as I didn't need to drive anywhere to grab breakfast. Shopping right across the street...any girl's wish!

Only downfalls were the heater next to my bed was noisy. I had it up to 80" and it was blowing 70" air. I checked the thermostat to make sure it was set properly and it was on HEAT. The walls are also thin. Had I not had the heater running all night, I could hear the neighbor's tv as I heard it walking into my room.

Overall I would visit again as the property is clean and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo