Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
King_Bob_Rules
Taylorsville, Utah

My go to LA motel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 5, 2018
I travel regularly to Los Angeles to care for an elderly parent. This motel is my usual place to stay. No longer affiliated with Best Western, I sadly do not receive any loyalty perks, but the staff treat everyone as a VIP. The rooms are adequate in size with nice laminate flooring, mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom is smaller but has a bidet toilet - a very nice, unexpected luxury for a budget property. It also has a dispenser for body wash, shampoo & conditioner that saves tens of thousands of tiny plastic bottles from going to our landfills and into our environment. You won't find luxurious Egyptian cotton towels here, but they are the usual motel quality.

In all of the times that I have stayed here, I have never gone into the pool or spa. They look clean and inviting, but really not my scene. Beds are comfortable and bedding is better than standard motel quality.

Nearby are a Ralph's, a Chinese/Asian market, Dim Sum, Korean BBQ, shopping mall and multiplex theater. I-10 is two minutes away. Very convenient location!

Having read some of the more recent less-than-flattering reviews, I must say that that has not been my experience. Make no mistake, this property will not earn top marks, but you are also not paying top rates. You do get what you pay for and we all choose this property, in part, to the lower room rates. Most staff are Asian/Filipino, some are not fluent in English. They DO work hard and try to do a good job.

The structure is probably about 40 years old. There are few 40 year old properties that do not have the aches and pains that come with age. There are several nearby properties that are nicer including a Hilton Garden Inn and several that are much worse. This property is somewhere in between. Have realistic expectations and you won't have any surprises.
Date of stay: April 2018
Room Tip: I prefer ground level rooms. Back of property is marginally more quiet that front of house.
Trip type: Travelled solo
  • Vio.com
  • Agoda.com
2.4 km from Monterey Park Inn
View more hotels in Monterey Park
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family because it was the only hotel we could find with rooms. However, we found it to be a pretty bad experience. Although it was non-smoking, everything smelled like smoke, and the bathtub was peeling, yellow, and had stains all over it, making the idea of taking a shower there pretty repulsive. I found the sheets to be scratchy, and there were multiple stains on the mattress. The floor was weirdly uneven, and the only bathroom amenities were in dispensers that were part of the wall. Although this is a cheap hotel and there is free WiFi and breakfast, I would strongly recommend staying somewhere else better even though it may be more expensive if you had the option.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank juliejzzhu
Reviewed May 25, 2018

The Room was not clean. The Bathroom was not clean, The Bathtub was not clean. Did provide hand towels only dingy wash and bath towels which they count daily. The housekeeper tried to come in the room while we were getting dress, and act as if she did not understand English. If you are booking your stay based on the pictures on the website it is not true. The rooms on the website is not what you will get if you elect to stay at Monterey Park Inn.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Doreen G
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

It’s comparably cheap but you get what you paid. The best thing is free parking. Aircon is a bit noisy and the interior is worn out.

Breakfast is included but please don’t expect too much.

It’s not close to any metro and you definitely need a car to get around LA

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank jsjan
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

I don't know where to start. I booked a room a Hotel through hotelsone.com online and when I arrived I was shocked to see it is a MOTEL and not a Hotel . I tried to cancel my reservation But no luck ... the guy at front desk pretended he doesn't speak English.
Next day I checked out and the staff at the front desk were very helpfull better than the one at the first time. Now the question is to Hotelsone.com : are they aware of such scams? In general I had the worst stay in my life, smelly rooms with leaking water with mold smell with noise .....name it u have it.
I would rate none if I could .

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hassibe2015
Reviewed June 15, 2017

The people at the front desk are very nice and I could say a few more nice things about the location and whatnot. But, that would not be a "fair" review because at the end of the day, I'd never stay at this Best Western again unless there were serious changes made. What really concerns me is that the room was NEVER properly cleaned and I will not lie -- there were bugs! So, our stay was brief. We made up an excuse to leave and I hate doing that. But, I tried to speak to the staff about this and there was a language barrier. Yet, in my opinion, if you're properly trained to do that job, then there should not be a problem with cleanliness. They do not lift the mattresses or look under the beds when changing the linen. There was food left on the mattress and under the bed. We all know food attracts bugs. The manager needs to do an on-sight walk-through and examine the mattresses and discard the ones that are no longer suitable. And, have the carpets cleaned and the place exterminated. I do not feel this location adequately reflects Best Western as a corporation. I think the management and staff need better training in hotel management.

Date of stay: March 2017