“Good sashimi decent sushi portion wise”

Blue Fish Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

They did get part of Eder wrong and credited the hill which was nice. Didn't have the heart tot will them the shishido peppers were basically god awful compare to restaurant across the street. Just were dry and not tasty at all

Rest of food was about what I'd expect from sushi place. And prices well a bit more than soem but still ok

Reviewed February 24, 2017

We were trying to find something tasty in the area for lunch and didn't want to travel too far. Here in Montrose we have a restaurant called Blue Fish which is what you would surmise from the name. It's a Japanese restaurant specializing in sushi. Very americanized but that being said, they do have very high quality ingredients (although they did not have toro that day we went).

While I do like sushi, I generally prefer to avoid the specialty rolls and such. Since their lunch menu included ramen and I hadn't had ramen for a while, I decided to go with that. It was a tonkatsu/shoyu ramen. Definitely tasty... not the best I have ever had but enough to satisfy my craving. I was a little disappointed because I had to remind them not only of what I ordered to eat (it came out wrong) but also what I had ordered to drink (I didn't get anything). Not terribly busy that day so not sure what got lost in the communication.

Parking in the back. It was in the middle of lunch time and I wouldn't say they were too busy. Not many Asian people though interestingly!

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Welcoming staff and fabulous food. We came here with 2 kids (10 and 5) and an 18month old and the staff were amazing. Even gave us some free food & dessert for the kids. Excellent sushi - the Las Vegas roll and the Marilyn Monroe are a must! Great flavours and very fresh. We ate until we could eat no more and the bill was very reasonable! Great atmosphere and lovely staff made the evening. This is definitely our new favourite sushi place.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

The rolls are always good. I love the protien roll and seared ahi roll. Sitting at the counter is the best. The sashimi is always beautifully presented.

1  Thank llbalog
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Ambiance, service, location: all of it matters. But it's all about the fish. Blue Fish has the best, tastiest cuts and generous portions. Good ambiance, great and people.

1  Thank Eric G