“Too pricey and stuffy for me”
Review of Cafe Firenze

Cafe Firenze
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Firenze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 89 Restaurants in Moorpark
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leta Yancy Road
Fillmore, California
“Too pricey and stuffy for me”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have been here a few times. the last time I went it was because I had a gift card. Thank goodness we did because for two dinners and two glasses of wine it was so expensive. And to me the food was okay. I guess because I am a more down-home kind of girl and not into gourmet.

The Love Boat
“Did not deliver.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was excited to go to Fabio's restaurant and after a very friendly greeting I was very disappointed.
Our server was ghost like and getting a new fork between each course was difficult. The appetizers of Buratta caprese salad and the tar tar were the best part of the meal. The entrees of pesto gnocchi (chewy) and the short ribs (dry) were not good, under seasoned and not worth complaining about. We left still hungry. Perhaps it was an off, over crowded Saturday night.

California
“very good experience, all around”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This is the third visit, and best so far. The gnocchi was perfect, all in the party were pleased with their choices.
Only down side, our waitress was a little unknowledgeable about Grappa, not a big thing since Fabio came out and had a chat with us.
Very welcoming, nice setting.

• Visited August 2011
Oak Park, California
“Top Notch Food in Moorpark”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

It is somewhat a surprise finding this oppulently designed restaurant in a strip mall shopping center on Los Angeles street in sleepy Moorpark. Once you get past the Big Lots and Pollo Locco signs, you will be transported into a lovely decorated interior with roomy booths and courtyard. The food is excellent. I ordered off the light menu and had savory califlower and dover sole. My husband had the ciopionno and he said it too was outstanding. We will be sure to go back. You need to make reservations because on weekends it does fill up. The owner was on Top Chef and does go table to table. I cannot recall his name but he was gracious. The was a soloist with guitar as well.

• Visited January 2012
“Bella Cucina”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Took my family there for birthday dinners. Outstanding. Delcious Calamari appetizer, I had Frutta di Mare or fish with linguine, other dishes were Chicken Marsdala, Shortbread Ravioi, Pork over Risotto. Everyone loved their dinners and we each tried the different varieties. The dessert was scrumptious, served in beautful glasses were Tiramisu, Chocolate Mousse, Strawberries and cream. The ambiance is beautiful and we sat in the Wine Room where it was quiet and the service was wonderful. We all thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and I'm anxious to return in December when I visit my family again.

• Visited October 2011