“Thoroughly Enjoyed!!”

Margarita's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #61 of 230 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 January 2015

I'm from Long Beach but was out in Moreno Valley for business and was hungry and looking for taco's. All of the strip mall joints were crowded and not much seating, then came upon Margaritas. I dined by myself, but service was timely, and the food was really good. I had a Margarita on the rocks for starters to enjoy with the complementary chips and salsa. Both came quick and the salsa had a mild kick to it. I ordered the Carnitas Plate. Now I love Carnitas, and have eaten more than my fair share. Their's was a tad different, hard to explain but excellent flavor and served with Onions that were marinated with Habenero Peppers which had a nice kick to it and rice and beans nicely plated. (nice presentation) Plus a few slices of Habenero on the meat. Nice. Service, Price and Quality, Excellent I'll be back. M's keep up the good work.

2  Thank Rich45LongBeach_CA
There are newer reviews for Margarita's Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 23 January 2015

I routinely travel all over the western US for work, and also have made many vacation trips to Mexico - and I have to tell you that this restaurant, Margaritas Grill (Moreno Valley, CA) is absolutely one of the very best. I live in Riverside - and I had never heard of this restaurant before, and would never have otherwise driven past it.

I discovered this restaurant via Amazon on one of their special offer emails. I took one of my Mexican female friends this evening (Friday night) around 5:30 p.m., and was served by Mayra. I ordered one of their "Mercadito Margaritas" - which uses Don Julio tequila, along with a blend of jalapenos, cucumbers, and cilantro. This is a pricy margarita at $12, but OMG it was so delicious ... the jalapenos gave it a "cachetadita" or small slap which means that it has a kick to it.

I ordered a two item combo - shredded beef hard shell taco and a cheese enchilada, and they were fantastic. The hard shell taco was a small, hand-fried tortilla ... the meat was not greasy ... and it used (I think) jack cheese plus lettuce as the garnish. I added via spoon the habanero picante salsa (which Mayra the waitress gave us by request), and it was better than outstanding. I will also tell you that the rice was perfect - not just good, but PERFECT.

They did have a musician who offered to play something for us - but my female friend unfortunately was not in the mood (for whatever reason). I heard him play at other tables, and he was very good, as well as gracious.

The restaurant itself is understated in terms of its decore - but that's fine. The food was spectacular, and I plan to make this a regular stop for myself.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I don't know how long it has been here, but I think if others from Riverside give it a try, then this place could become very popular. It really is this good - definitely. I hope to meet the owner(s) next time I am there.

If I were going to make any one recommendation, it would be to have the servers stop by the tables a bit more frequently. This was NOT a major issue - but us gueros are impatient, at times.

2  Thank GregorySmith
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The chicken fajitas were great for lunch. Portion was large and enough to share. The salsa was just okay and guac was fresh made.

1  Thank Allen0116
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Margarita’s Grill
12630 Perris, Blvd, Moreno Valley, CA 92553

We went late 9:30 on a friday night. It was our first visit and we had read some good reviews and it wasn’t far from our hotel so we decided to give it a try.

The place looks a little old but roomy. It looked as if the dining was separated into three different areas. There was an older couple singing Mexican music and playing the guitar. Their singing wasn’t great but it was fun to listen to. Both were really sweet and came over to our table to chat a little and ask what we would like to hear them sing.

We shared a combo plate since it was so late and we don’t recall what it was but it seemed OK but nothing special. Our server was attentive and friendly. They serve complimentary chips and salsa and besides the regular items such as tacos, Buttitos, enchiladas taquitos and such they have rellenos, jajitas, salmon, shimp and or fish served various ways.

If we are ever in the area we will give the place another try.

5  Thank misplaced
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I’m Mexican and I live in Mexico, so I know Mexican food and not just the stereotyped so-called “Mexican food” that is usually sold in the States; therefore I was amazed that the best Mexican food I’ve ever had was in Moreno Valley California, specifically at Margaritas Grill.

For starters, service is excellent; there’s a great atmosphere and the personnel is very friendly. Drinks were cold, beer mugs frozen, so everything on the drinks department was more than perfect. The real surprise was when the food arrived: the temperature was appropriate, generous portions and really delicious! My wife and I could not believe we were having one of the most delicious Mexican food in the United States! Dessert was also vast and delicious, not too sweet, just perfect.

Bottom line, if you want to try one of the best Mexican food meals without going to Mexico or spend a fortune, Margaritas Grill Restaurant is the way to go!

2  Thank Antonio C