“Sweet surprise while traveling!”

Margarita's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #31 of 237 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We stumbled into this place while traveling. We looked it up on TripAdvisor and it seemed positive. We found great service by Luz our waiter and by asking if they had Mole, which wasn't on the menu, we were told they have it but it's not traditional. Luz explained how it's done and we asked if we might have a small taste which he gladly brought us. We loved it! So we ordered it and really enjoyed it. Then the chef came out to see how we liked it; a real treat! The Dona margaritas were great, very fresh and just right. We had a great time and can't think of what they could have done better!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Very good food, but the portions are not that large, might have to go to orders. Nice family place, not too large just the right size. This is the second or third owners, had a fire there about 3 yrs ago and was closed for a while.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

I'm from Long Beach but was out in Moreno Valley for business and was hungry and looking for taco's. All of the strip mall joints were crowded and not much seating, then came upon Margaritas. I dined by myself, but service was timely, and the food was really good. I had a Margarita on the rocks for starters to enjoy with the complementary chips and salsa. Both came quick and the salsa had a mild kick to it. I ordered the Carnitas Plate. Now I love Carnitas, and have eaten more than my fair share. Their's was a tad different, hard to explain but excellent flavor and served with Onions that were marinated with Habenero Peppers which had a nice kick to it and rice and beans nicely plated. (nice presentation) Plus a few slices of Habenero on the meat. Nice. Service, Price and Quality, Excellent I'll be back. M's keep up the good work.

2  Thank Rich45LongBeach_CA
Reviewed 23 January 2015

I routinely travel all over the western US for work, and also have made many vacation trips to Mexico - and I have to tell you that this restaurant, Margaritas Grill (Moreno Valley, CA) is absolutely one of the very best. I live in Riverside - and I had never heard of this restaurant before, and would never have otherwise driven past it.

I discovered this restaurant via Amazon on one of their special offer emails. I took one of my Mexican female friends this evening (Friday night) around 5:30 p.m., and was served by Mayra. I ordered one of their "Mercadito Margaritas" - which uses Don Julio tequila, along with a blend of jalapenos, cucumbers, and cilantro. This is a pricy margarita at $12, but OMG it was so delicious ... the jalapenos gave it a "cachetadita" or small slap which means that it has a kick to it.

I ordered a two item combo - shredded beef hard shell taco and a cheese enchilada, and they were fantastic. The hard shell taco was a small, hand-fried tortilla ... the meat was not greasy ... and it used (I think) jack cheese plus lettuce as the garnish. I added via spoon the habanero picante salsa (which Mayra the waitress gave us by request), and it was better than outstanding. I will also tell you that the rice was perfect - not just good, but PERFECT.

They did have a musician who offered to play something for us - but my female friend unfortunately was not in the mood (for whatever reason). I heard him play at other tables, and he was very good, as well as gracious.

The restaurant itself is understated in terms of its decore - but that's fine. The food was spectacular, and I plan to make this a regular stop for myself.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I don't know how long it has been here, but I think if others from Riverside give it a try, then this place could become very popular. It really is this good - definitely. I hope to meet the owner(s) next time I am there.

If I were going to make any one recommendation, it would be to have the servers stop by the tables a bit more frequently. This was NOT a major issue - but us gueros are impatient, at times.

2  Thank GregorySmith
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The chicken fajitas were great for lunch. Portion was large and enough to share. The salsa was just okay and guac was fresh made.

1  Thank Allen0116