US$131
Hampton.com
US$125
US$119
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

California Inn(Morgan Hill)
US$110
US$179
US$161
Priceline
All reviewssan josehotel barmy hubbyquiet staybusiness centerfree breakfastscreen doorfast foodshort staylacrosse tournamentrooms are cleanfitness centerbistromarriottlobbytargetwalmart
Reviewed May 26, 2015

I didn't pick this hotel. I was attending a wedding and the bride had reserved a block of rooms there. First, it was hard to find the front entrance to the hotel, because the road in isn't marked. We ended up driving by and going in the back side of the hotel. The staff was very efficient checking us in and our room looked fine. There was no refrigerator in my room, although a similar room on the same floor did have one. I also really missed having a magnifying mirror in the bathroom area; fortunately I'd brought one with me. There wasn't a lot of counter space for toiletries, but it was adequate. The real problem with this hotel was how thin the walls and ceilings are; there is very little soundproofing. The first night we could hear the party at the fire pit that was below our third floor window. The second night no one was at the fire pit, but we heard the guy (I assume) in the next room snoring! My sister and her husband had it much worse; their room was on the second floor and they were kept up both nights by people tromping around in the room above them. There is no free breakfast at this hotel, as is often the case with "upscale" hotels. They have a "Bistro" off the lobby that has a very limited, and expensive, breakfast menu. I wouldn't recommend it. I filled out a Guest Satisfaction Survey after my visit and got an quick email back from the Assistant General Manager apologizing, but I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third (top) floor to avoid noise from people walking in the room above you.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2015

Eileen H,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your time at the Courtyard Morgan Hill. Our team works hard to meet the needs of all of our guests and I am sorry to hear that we fell short. I cannot imagine how frustrating it was not to have a restful trip. Like you, many of our guests are here to celebrate a wedding or a family reunion. We work hard to keep those groups together in the same part of the hotel to help isolate the noise from each group but it doesn’t always work to plan. I am also sorry to hear your disappointment in the Bistro. I agree with you that our menu is not expansive, but I am confident that the product our guests receive is of high quality and is tastier than that of what you would receive in other less expensive restaurants.

Again, I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your needs but hope you have a chance in the future to give a Courtyard by Marriott another try. I wish the best in all your future travels.

– Karen Mendez, Area General Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2015

First and foremost, I would like to thank Alex and his managers, Zach and Sarah for bending over backwards to accommodate when there was an error on a reservation. Thank you! Our team enjoyed the accommodations. It was clean and convenient. The complimentary internet worked great in the room. I enjoyed a balcony room with an area to sit. Our team will be back!

Room Tip: Room 312 is a great room with King sized bed.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Karen M, Manager at Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2015

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your feedback! On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us. It's our please to make sure each and every guest feels at home and is properly accommodated. We strive continually to make the difference and stand ourselves apart from other hotels in the area. Do come see us again soon and stop by to say hello! As you know, we're always here! Enjoy your week!

Yours in hospitality fun,

Zach Greer, AGM

Reviewed May 1, 2015

The check-in process was flawless with an exceptionally friendly employee. She was immensely helpful and accommodating. Our room was on the third floor. We had the basic amenities with a very clean room. There really was nothing to view from the room except commercial buildings. We had plenty of hot water and water pressure for our showers. We still had plenty of room even though we had a king bed.

The elevator was a bit slow so we took the stairs each time at the end of the hallway.

Breakfast was not included, even with our very expensive room rate. This was a surprise and the only negative of the hotel. We just walked to breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank im4duke
Karen M, Manager at Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2015

Hi there, im4duke!

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! As with the Courtyard brand, we offer breakfast in a restaurant type atmosphere. We do have guest room rates that include breakfast with your stay. We also offer many dishes that vary in portion and pricing. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we hope to see you again on your next visit to Morgan Hill!

Yours in hospitality fun,

Zach Greer, Assistant GM

Reviewed April 26, 2015

First the positives, the front desk staff are very welcoming when checking in as well as being friendly when you go outside. Room was clean but nothing remarkable or special to justify the rate. I grew up in Morgan Hill and it seems the city is going through an identity crisis where it doesn't know if it wants to be a nice community to raise family in or if it wants to charge high room rates to business people as well as the traveler passing through. All room rates at an establishment that a respectable person would stay in seem high which is very unfortunate. If it works into a family traveling' splats I'd say drive the few additional miles and drive to Gilroy, your wallet will appreciate it.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lari B
Karen M, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Thank you for your kind comments about our front desk team. I am sorry you did not feel you received the value for the dollar. It is true that Morgan Hill hotels can be a bit higher in price than Gilroy but the family oriented community creates an environment that is unique in the South Silicon Valley. With many local restaurants and wineries, Morgan Hill draws visitors more than just a room but an experience. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back again.

Reviewed April 12, 2015

This hotel hosted many swimmers for the Far Western Championship swim meet this year. They really made it a great experience. They provided a packet at check-in with all the necessary information to make it easy for parents. They offered discounted breakfast options that work well for swimmers. They also had fun daily evening activities, including different flavored lemonades and make-your-own trail mix, movie night, and roasting s'mores. Very fun and helped the swimmers feel extra special.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2015

Our team had so much fun hosting the Far West Swimmers this year. Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us such positive feedback. We hope to see you again next year!