“Warm family welcome”
Review of Anderson Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Anderson Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We spent 2 nights here celebrating our anniversary and we were overwhelmed by the friendliness and welcoming attitude of the entire staff. My wife is handicapped, so we booked the wheelchair accessible room with a queen bed. Jeff was adamant about helping with our luggage and making sure we understood how to control the heating system, etc. We had FRESH cold cream waiting in the in room refrigerator for our coffee every morning (I have stayed in five star hotels that do not do as much) and had want of nothing. Ate at the Galley restaurant downstairs (reservations a must) where we had a fabulous dinner. Upon checkout we were even given fresh fruit and a couple bottles of water to take with us on the drive home.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice (it is a small boutique hotel) but get one of the superior rooms with a full view...
1  Thank Scott C

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I spent a night at the Anderson Inn on our way up the PCH. Our room was wonderfully comfortable with a great view of the Rock. We stayed in several hotels on that trip, from a cabin in Big Sur to a 4 star hotel in the heart of San Fransisco. Hands down the Anderson Inn was the most memorable, my wife loved the spacious room and the modern shower, I appreciate all that but the one thing that stood out for me was it was the only hotel on our trip that had the Golf Channel :-). Great Place to stay.

1  Thank Vaughnus
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Travelling on business from the UK I've tended to stay in Marriott's because they are soulless yet good quality.

So I thought I'd have a change and go I dependant. I'm sat here in a room over the water with the window open listening to the water lapping against the building. (with the ocasional grunting from the sealions!) Just lovely. The room has everything you could possibly require and - for once - there are no additional charges. Water, WiFi, parking are all included.

Ate at the 'in-house' restaurant which was truly lovely and very good value.

All in all a place to remember. I'll be coming back with my Wife as soon as possible

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Coolvan
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My daughters and I just returned from a wonderful weekend in Morro Bay. Made wonderful by our stay at the Anderson Inn. Molly and her brothers were so welcoming, and helpful. We felt as though we were visiting family. The Inn is absolutely spotless! Our every need was met, and beyond. The rooms were comfortable, with an over the ocean room complimented with a fireplace that keeps the room cozy and warm. The linens high thread count, and beautiful. As well as thick fluffy towels. Molly was so helpful with ideas of what to do while visiting Morro Bay. I would highly recommend staying here, and can not wait to return!!

Room Tip: Get the room over the water that is shown on the website!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 93,108
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a nice inn! Very personable, absolutely clean, and not a single detail missed. No charge for bottled water, free wireless internet, ipod player, beautifully decorated - even the temperature controls were set up on a remote so you wouldn't have to get out of bed to adjust the temp! Here's the topper...REAL cream brought to your room after check-in instead of the powdered stuff for morning coffee. Wife was in heaven - and that's ALWAYS a good thing.

I can easily see why this has such a high rating. Only warning for those wanting absolute quiet is the live music next door that shuts down around 10-11 pm. Wasn't all that troublesome, but thought someone would want to know.

One other add is the Galley restaurant downstairs is a real treat. Great food and service.

1  Thank bick2010
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We picked this hotel based on other travelers' reviews, and we can only echo their positive comments. Our room (201) was wonderful, with a balcony and windows on two walls overlooking the harbor and the bay. Jeff Anderson was a welcoming a host as we have ever experienced, and he made us feel immediately welcome and appreciated. This is a well-run family hotel that is clearly the pride and joy of its owners (where else would you find pictures of the housekeeping staff in the welcoming in-room brochure?). The room was tastefully decorated, with a large (soft) bed, and huge bathroom with shower and tub (with spa jets). We loved the hotel, and found Morro Bay fun to visit, though the ghastly power plant on the harbor really takes away from the otherwise idyllic fishing cove look of the village. The way we were received at the Anderson Inn made us feel that we always want to look for similar family-run small hotels when we travel.

Room Tip: Room 201 at the corner of the building is lovely.
4  Thank jhugon
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My hubby and I "stumbled" upon this gem of an inn and can't wait to go back!! From the moment you arrive you feel like they were waiting just for you and you are #1! Mollie and Jeff, two of the owners, warmly greeted us, escorted us to our room in time for a spectacular sunset and were so welcoming, we felt like we were family! Then we went to the restaurant and had the best oysters rocker feller I've ever had.......along with a great meal! And for the "entertainment" we were serenaded by the sounds of the sea lions and amused by the sea otters.......who needs Sea World?!? Hated to leave, but look so forward to going back!! Thank you Mollie and Jeff!!

Room Tip: We were in #2.....GREAT, but there are only 8 rooms so can't imagine any are bad!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business