All reviews magic fingers large closet coffee maker walk in closet fridge and microwave main street clean rooms two blocks shops and restaurants walking distance night's sleep morro rock comfortable bed one night stay motel lace doilies
Reviewed June 14, 2018

Nice owner that explained that took the time to explain the area. In June Morro Bay can be very chilli because of the gloom.

We stayed at the handicapped room because that was the only one available wich was spacious and clean.

Within the area there are several places to have breakfirst so we didn't miss this at the Sundown Inn.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2018

a lovely stay at a lovely quaint Inn moment from the beach and the darling little downtown area - the room was immaculately clean and my husband says the most comfortable bed and even liked the vibrating bed!

Room Tip: Stay here and be happy!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanrN7354TM
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at several other motels on my trips through Morro Bay, and I think the Sundown is the best value of any of them. I found the bed comfortable, the room was of adequate size, and the I liked the dedicated shower. On the negative side there is a lot of noise (when the window is open) from cars on Main street and the wifi was notably weak. There are parking spaces for everyone and the tourist area is down the hill less than a 10 minute walk. Three blocks away on Main is Kitty's diner, a good place for breakfast. I did not hear any noises from the rooms next to me. The bed has a massage feature (25 cents for 15 min) but I didn't try it. The woman who checked me in was very upbeat and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We found the owner to be friendly and responsive to calls and emails.
The room and grounds were very clean and our room had just been updated (new floor and bathroom). We slept very comfortably. The location was just a few short blocks away from the waterfront. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Great family run motel with terrific rates. Location is perfect. Easy stroll to shops at either end of the bay. 2 blocks down to the water, shops and restaurants. Very quiet, clean, and quaintly decorated. The owners are conscientious and attentive. Free wifi and easy parking in front of the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends