Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$330
eDreamsUS$281
FindHotelUS$288
Agoda.comUS$281
Orbitz.comUS$330
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2019

This Inn was a recommendation for a wedding that we were attending in Cayucas. CA. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot I was reminded of the roadside hotels along Rte. 66 when I was a kid, rooms set in a row. I was mildly surprised how clean and updated the facility appeared. You could tell that they had updated the exterior of the place.
When we entered the recently renovated room it looked fresh and clean although it was kind of small but nice. There was a King bed in the room which made it feel sort of cramped with the table and chairs but nothing that could'nt be overlooked. The bed was a pillow top type and very comfortable. The room was a little stuffy so I turned on the a/c and large ceiling fan (not usually provided in these types of places) and the room was very comfortable almost immediately. There was a new mid-sized tv with most of the regular channels that you'd expect but when I turned it on all that I saw was snow. A call to the front desk and they responded immediately and fixed the issue. The normal amenities are provided, microwave, fridge, etc. The only issue we had was when my Wife wanted to go lounge by the pool and read, the gates had locks installed that were supposed to be open at 8am and she went out at abot 9:30am.
This Inn is just north of downtown and the Embarcadero, it only took about 5 minutes to get there. Overall, we were very satisfied with the accomodations and would probably stay there again. I knocked off one point for the smaller room and locked gates but it's a nice/cleanplace to stay for the weekend.

Room tip: The rooms were quiet even though they're located on the frontage road for Hwy. 1.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 12, 2019

Do not stay here.

Check in was far from welcoming, no friendly greeting.

On arrival the room itself smelt and the drawers were broken, there was a coffee filter left in the machine from the previous guest. It was also not cleaned properly during our 2 night stay. E.g. bins not emptied, toilet not cleaned, floors not swept.

We could have seen past this had the manager not being so rude throughout our stay.

The property has a washer and dryer which we used on a couple of occasions. On the first evening we used the washer and dryer but found that on the second load it was still damp and the dryer had been turned off without notice, we then had to find places in our room to hang the damp clothing to dry. We then tried to use the following evening at 8pm when arriving back from being out all day. We had loaded the washer only to find the manager had turned it off. We asked if we were able to use the washer as the sign said to use 7 - 10pm but we were abruptly told that there was another sign saying last wash 8pm which we had not seen, "hotel rules" was all we were told. We were leaving the next morning so had to wake up early to ensure we had time to wash and dry our clothes that already had washing powder on and weren't able to be packed in cases.

Breakfast on the first morning, there were a couple of slices of bread and a very limited choice or fruit, there was a fridge which had some pots of fruit in. We did not understand why these weren't in a glass fronted fridge available for guests. The next morning when getting a pot of fruit from the fridge the manager was extremely rude and said you need to ask for assistance, the sign says in big letters. We did not understand why we would need assistance to open a fridge door and assumed the sign was to ask for general assistance (which we would not have asked for given the rude and abrupt nature of the manager).

We would have reported some of these issues to the manager however, given her attitude and previous responses to other reviews for this hotel we would have been concerned that the police would have been called and we would have been evicted like other guests.

We have been travelling down the California coast for over 2 weeks staying in similar motels with managers who run their hotel exceptionally. This hotel is being run appallingly and we would certainly not recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank AliceRose92
Reviewed July 31, 2019

If I could give this place negative stars I would. We booked a room through Expedia that said the room was "pet friendly". After I booked the room, I called the hotel directly and told them I had booked a pet friendly room and I wanted to verify this was in fact a pet friendly hotel. I was told, YES the hotel was pet friendly and they looked up my name and said all was good. When we arrived the owner and her son were checking visitors in. She told me that even though the hotel was pet friendly, the room they had reserved for me wasn''t. I told her that I called to verify my pet friendly room and was told my reservation was for a pet friendly room. She had the audacity to call me a liar. I told her we just traveled 3 hours and I expect to get a room. She was not happy about it but she did agreed to give us a room. After we checked in, we took our two dogs to the beach where we stayed all day. The next day we left early to go to the beach again and we spent most of the day there. When we returned to our room, we noticed that the floors had not been cleaned. There was sand everywhere. One room down the maid had left a broom leaning against the wall so I borrowed it to sweep our room. Within minutes, the owner showed up banging at our door demanding her broom back. My husband explained that our room was not swept so we were just using it to clean the floor. She then said we were nothing but trouble makers and it would make her happy if we would just leave but because it was past checkout time she would not refund us for the day then she stormed away. Within 30 minutes the police were knocking on our door because she called and told them we were trouble makers causing problems. Mind you, in the two days we were there, we saw her two times, when we checked in and when we used the broom. That was it. We were out of the room both days at the beach. WE WERE THEN EVICTED FROM THE HOTEL. THIS INDIAN LADY AND HER SON ARE THE RUDEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT CONSIDER THIS PLACE. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

Room tip: Do not waste your money. This place is AWFUL!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly G
twinsbayinn, Hospitality Review at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

It is amazing how people just write these reviews. The entire property is on surveillance and also the lobby. To start off, your reservation did not come through having a pet. You showed up and demanded a Pet Room. The footage showed a lot of use of the F-word, S-word, and several degrading comments about the manager's culture.. Falsifying information is against our rules. We do have Pet Friendly Rooms and there is an extra charge of $30 per night for 2 dogs that weight up to 80 pounds. You didn't want to pay the extra charge.

Lastly, The only reason the police arrived is because you were drinking and driving and you got caught. I know you wanted to have fun on the 4th of July, but being intoxicated is just wrong. Endangering yourself, your wife, your pets and all the other lives is just un-replaceable.

Don't drink and drive, it could save a lot of lives.

Stay safe.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to LA. Very smooth process to check in. Room was very clean and spacious. Love the bathroom space. We checked out just before brekky and the lady kindly let us grab a coffee and some fruit to take on the road with us. Much appreciated. Thanks !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 123travelchic

Dear 123travelchic,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you enjoyed our newly renovated room. We hope to see you in the near future. And hope that you made it safely to your destination.

Have a wonderful summer and many safe travels.

Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Booked to stay 2 nights as part of a driving holiday through California. When booked this was a Best Western. It’s not anymore. It’s called Twin Bays. Our room smelt musty and of pets. We asked to be moved but it was fully booked. Yes there’s internet. Yes there’s a warm shower and cold fridge. But we had horrible nights sleep with very noisy neighbours. Tried reporting this to reception at 2am and phone was not answered. We checked out after one night.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank DayTripper33

Dear DayTripper33,

We are sorry that you experienced an unpleasant stay. But we can't control other people's actions. What we did was contact the guest and asked them nicely to please keep it quite since the property was fully booked. Again, we cannot control other people's actions. We do apologize for the smelly room, we are in the process of renovation. We have completed the majority. But as you know this is a work in progress and remember, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

We hope that you have a nice and wonderful summer.

Regards,