“Inexpensive and it shows”

Rockview Inn and Suites - Morro Bay
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Inexpensive and it shows”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The hotel rooms smell. Our first room was on the ground floor. There was an immediate moldy smell upon entering the room. We then were given a room on the second floor. It wasn't moldy, but it was a bit musty smelling. Keeping the bathroom window open helped air out the place. There is no hair dryer.

Their breakfast is a joke. A "variety of cereals" means 2 cereals -- corn flakes and cheerios, most likely non-brand. There was no oatmeal, as listed on the web site. The breakfast room is the same tiny room where the check in desk is, so there is barely room to get your breakfast. You have to eat it somewhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised to see in the news that the guy that runs this place being taken away by the police. The guy is rude and should not be in any business in which he has to interact with people. We went out for a walk at night and came back to the guy trying to enter our room. He made up some excuse as to why he was there. BS! Creep factor has gone up!

Room Tip: If you actually plan to stay here, don't get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank CC_OftenTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I checked in to the Morro Bay travel lodge for one night to rest durning my costal road trip. Unfortunately, I was unable to rest because my room was directly above were the family that operates the hotel lives. They were yelling at each other very loudly till at least 12am. I wasn't expecting much when I checked in but they failed to reach even my lowest expectations.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Geoffrey H

Travellers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Renton, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Pulled in to Morro Bay late, after driving for hours and this was the only vacancy we could see. Thought it would be okay for one night, as we were on the road and would be heading out again very early. I was astounded at the price I was quoted 145.00 for the night, I guess it was "supply and demand" - we were beat so shrugged and said okay.
Worst $145.00 We ever spent. I would go so far as to say "rip off".
This hotel is remodeling (now called Rockview Inn and Suites.??) and did not check out the room before they gave it to us. First of all, it was filthy. The remodel was not complete, there was no mirror on the wall, no wastebasket and did I say it was dirty? The wall unit heater is so close to the bed we were afraid to use it for fear of catching the place on fire. (and it was very cold that night). The bedspread was so dirty I didn't want part of my body touching it. The outside carport area was covered with remodelling debris, so no parking there. We did find a spot to park near the stairs to our second floor unit. There was some kind of trip-hazard-weird uneven level on the crumbling outside deck, hope that's taken care of before someone breaks a toe!
Even though we were late check-ins with no res, I feel the over inflated charge was highly insulting when I got in the room and found what a train wreck it was. If you are offering a filthy, half finished, room you should not be adding in the "town full" premium.
Suffice it to say, we left VERY EARLY and I will never go back and never recommend this place.

Room Tip: Tip to help travelers choose a good room: Keep Driving, you won't find a good room here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 2onatrip
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Reviewed 13 October 2011

If you want a good price with all the basics this is an older motel, but is clean and the office people are very nice. What do you really want for $69.00? Just step back in time about 20 years. Looks like they are doing some remodeling. Also the pool was clean and the place has lots of potential. Hey, if you are tired, the town is full and you want a clean bed, a fridge, HBO, a table, dressing area and a good hot shower. Good bargain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank memine99
Cerritos, CA
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Generally, Travelodge hotels are OK, but this specific MORRO Bay hotel is pathetic. Start from day 1, bed bugs did not allow us to sleep. I went with my another family friend, and both of us have had terrible experience. BEWARE of Room # 128, and 131.
What is continental break fast? They serve: Wheat Bread, bagel/bread toaster, Woffel maker, Orange juice, Milk, Coffee, Butter/Jam. Two small table to seat only 4 people. Office/breakfast area is hardly 10 by 6.
Rooms: We managed to get King Size Bed with Microwave, broken refrigerator, and smelly room for $95 per night. IT was Labor day long weekend and this was the lowest price for any hotel. No A/C, and heater wasn't working. They put only 2 towels initially, pots were dirty will yellow spots on them. Toilet rolls weren't there. you need to ask for additional towels, or toilet rolls.

Recommendation - Avoid this hotel. In future I am NOT going to stay in any Travelodge Hotel, I would rather pay additional $10/20 per night to stay in a good hotel.
Holidays are for good memories and not for horrible experiences like this.
AVOID THIS HOTEL if you can.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Atul_Shukla
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We reserved a room for four people and were provided a small room with a single double bed and no room for children. Manager refused to refund our fees and Expedia also refused to move us or refund. In the end, we decided we were better off camping on the side of the pacific coast highway than staying at this hotel. Deceptive advertising and photos, inaccurate room descriptions, inconsiderate staff, and poor rooms. Believe the other reviews and stay away.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank HappyTrailsToYou_777
Reviewed 7 August 2011

this is an old hotel, the staircase is missing parts and the 2nd floor holes are covered with duck tape. beds are horrible. Do not stay here. There is plenty alternative places in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family