“Not. Good.”

Add it.
Crossings Cafe
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Love the idea of an organic bakery. Love the friendly owner. Love the location and the neighborhood and the feel.

Hate the bread. Which is a problem in a bakery.

I came here really wanting a salad, and they only have two. That's a problem. So I got the asparagus soup of the day instead. It was ok, but it was spotty, with bits that were a lot warmer than others. I got a "cheese spiral," too. It was pretty dry, very dense. The herbs inside were tasty, but it generally wasn't great, unless I dipped it in the soup.

My mom got the Mediterranean sandwich. The bread was thick and dry; the hummus and the spread completely got lost inside it.

The owner said he only took it over a few months ago. Props to him for inheriting a legacy of such great reviews. But for those of us who support the organic movement, who constantly find ourselves defending it against those who would label us "crunchy" or "health nuts," isn't it worse to have places like these, that leave you with a bad taste in your mouth?