“The best pizza around - real Authenic Italian”
Review of Doppio Zero

Doppio Zero
Reserve with OpenTable
Doppio Zero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 348 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2017

they have the best pizza hands down - get the white pizza - the brussel sprouts are to die for and I don't even really like those - It's nice to sit outside when the weather is nice.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

An Italian born friend recommended Doppio Zero for what he described as their authentic Neapolitan pizza so my wife and I tried it for lunch on a recent Saturday afternoon. The place is nicely decorated and the wait staff very friendly. Business was very brisk. I enjoyed my Quatro Formaggi Pizza. However, my wife was somewhat disappointed in the Pizza Diavola she ordered in that it was rather soggy in the center. I would not consider this to be authentic Neapolitan pizza as the edges were thick. With two diet sodas the lunch cost over $40.00, so it is not inexpensive. I would return and try more than the pizza.

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant in the busy Castro Street of Mountain View. It is very noisy. Four of us dined together and could not carry on a conversation. I think they need some carpets or wall drapes to cut the reverberating noise.

Everybody's food was quite nice and tasty. I ordered the Marechiaro pasta: "Homemade squid ink tagliolini, jumbo scallops, clams, roasted garlic, in light spicy tomato sauce". There were 3 thin slices and 4-5 tidbits of scallop in the whole dish....not what I would term "jumbo scallops". Interesting that the gregarious manager stopped by to see if everything was OK. I complained about the lack of "jumbo scallops". He said he would see if they could bring me some additional scallops. No one ever came to do that, and he never came back. I think he was just there to make it seem like they even cared about satisfied customers, but they really didn't.

It is not a poor restaurant; they just act like it. So I rate them only average.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

Pizza was great and prices as said reasonable. Ambiance also is nice and personnel friendly and warm. We had a very nice dinner at this place.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

Loved it the first time but the second time we had pizza here, the crust was limp and soggy. I thought the Neopolitan crust was known for thin and crispy. Sadly, it was not. Same thing when I tried the new Doppio Zero in Sunnyvale.