Murphys Inn Motel
Murphys Suites(Murphys)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
Travelocity
Jumping Frog Motel(Angels Camp)
US$79
Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites(Angels Camp)(Great Value!)
US$99
BestWestern.com
Travelodge Angels Camp CA(Angels Camp)(Great Value!)
US$84
RodewayInn
Sonora Inn(Sonora)
US$70
US$66
WorldMark Angels Camp(Angels Camp)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskwine tastingin townmain streetwithin walking distanceoreosstay there againconvenient locationno frillsmonths in advancegreat place to staycomfortable bedsfridge and microwaveironstone winerystayed nightsoreo cookierestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2008

My husband and I (and another couple) stayed at the Murphys Inn when visiting friends who live in the area. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We had previously stayed in the Murphys Suites which is fine, but seems very unfriendly to me. The Murphys Inn was much cozier, the front desk employee was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, nice bed and soft sheets. And it was very clean. We will probably stay there again on our next visit with our friends.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I have been staying here off & on through the summer working at ironstone winery on business & there is nothing wrong with this hotel, The location is within walking distance of down town, A super market is right behind it and there is a great pizza place called Pizza Plus witch dose not suck, Rooms are clean shower works fine and there is Free Wi-Fi the only complaint I would have is the beds are a little hard but I have had worse for more money.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kirkmil10
Reviewed 22 September 2008

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little concerned about staying there, but I was pleasantly suprised. Is it a Marriott resort? No, but it is clean, comfortable, and close to downtown Murphys, which is a great old gold rush town. We only stayed there overnight, but it was a great home base for a number of business/pleasure trips to local wineries and other local businesses. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice, quiet place to stay for a few days while exploring that part of the world. Also, they have free internet in the lobby which was good for checking e-mail while we were away.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Spent 1 night for family get together in the area
Pros-
-Close to downtown- at the end of the main street, you can wak to shops, restaurants, wineries...
-Not immaculate but tidy/ clean
-Good shower pressure, tub seemed newer.

Cons-
-Older motel that needs redecorating, sheets thin, old, stained comforter is pretty gross and we threw that off right away. Pillows thin, too soft.
-Pool was cold, not sure if it was even heated, lots of shade trees so you stayed in the shade, you need to check out towels ar front desk than return them. Pool furniture was stained, cracked, the table wa sticky, they should at least clean that.
-Room walls are thin, you could hear your neighbors above, next door...
-Beds were too soft, our backs hurt in the morning
-No fridge or microwave in room
-Small room

This a 2 star motel so don't expect the Ritz or Four Seasons. The room was $123 a night so I thought it was too overpriced for the condition of the room. I have paid less for really nice hotel rooms and service, but MIL paid so I shouldnt complain. Maybe next year we'll try the Murphy suites.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank huladolz
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Worst motel/hotel experience EVER! We walked into the room and immediately were hit with a horrible odor--a sour, musty smell. And the room was HOT! We immediately turned on the "air conditioner" which was totally inadequate. No remote control for the TV, only enough hot water for one of us to shower, and the bed was hard. What a dump!!!

Stayed: August 2008