“A full winery and wine tasting experience”

Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Murphys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "Where history and wine meet." Ironstone Vineyards is a premier destination winery located in Murphys, California. Amenities include our Tasting Room & Gold Leaf Deli, Heritage Museum (home to our 44-pound crystalline gold piece) & Jewelry Shoppe, Amphitheater, plush gardens featuring a lakeside park, and complimentary tours of our facilities. Our wines reflect the diversity of offerings from the Lodi and Sierra Foothills Appellations of Northern California. Through emphasizing the practice of Sustainable Viticulture, Ironstone Vineyards conserves water use, builds healthy soil, and maintains our surrounding wildlife habitat. Please Note: We are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Great stop just outside Murphys, at end of a narrow country road. Great museum is worth the trip all by itself, but there is also wine tasting, a very good deli, and gorgeous grounds. Don't miss visiting the caves where they store the wine barrels, and take a brief walk around the lake and gardens. We only stayed 2 hours, but could have stayed 4 hours without being bored.

1  Thank Bill V
IronstoneVineyards, Social Media Manager at Ironstone Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Bill,

Thank you for visiting Ironstone Vineyards! We are glad you could enjoy all we have to offer. Plus, our temperature controlled wine caves are the best place to beat this summer heat!

Please return anytime you are in the area. With seasonal gardens, a rotating tasting lineup, and year-round events, we always have something to explore! The only thing that never changes is our down home hospitality.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"lovely winery"
"first rate"

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Venue is always amazing. Just about every reserved seat is awesome! If you are so inclined, the General Admission Lawn seats are cool, too, but my old back needs a chair these days! Free parking, but a bit of a walk and a little dusty...not that big a deal, but be advised. Lastly (and also parking related) I called ahead to ask about motorcycle parking as I did NOT want to negotiate that dirt/gravel road and park that far out on my bike. I was told it was on the asphalt closer to the front gates. Super! Well, upon arriving, the ONLY sign for "Motorcycle Parking" had an arrow pointing to what looked like either the front gate or a delivery driveway and no real obvious place to turn into. Fine, I asked the first parking lot attendant and he was utterly confused! Called someone on his walkie talkie and reported to me that it was "back there somewhere" ...wow. Remember, I'm on my 800 lb bike in a gravel parking lot now, with cars lined up behind me and he wants me to maneuver around and back where I came from. I can do it, but you try to avoid this type of stuff! I wheeled around and came back to the entrance and asked yet another attendant. Apparently also graduated from "I Don't Know University"! I had my wife jump back on the bike and headed back to that lone sign....I randomly encountered a gentleman in an IronStone polo shirt who looked like "somebody" and asked if he might know where I was supposed to park! Sure enough, it was up the driveway that looked like a delivery gate, the entrance of which was only about 10 feet wide! It looked like a pedestrian walkway, which is why I passed it up the first time! Anyway, with all that said, the actual place I parked was great, a short walk to Gate A, secluded up above the parking lot and all car and foot traffic and I only had 4 or 5 other bikes parked up there with me! However, it would be nice to have better informed parking attendants so that guys like me (first time motorcycle parking) can get to where they need to go! It was still daylight, so it was not that big of a deal. It would have been more of a drag had it been dark already! RECAP: Venue: Thumbs Up! Show: 2 Thumbs Up! Concessions: Acceptable (cash only is a drag if you don't know ahead of time. ATM machine available. But come on...you can't get CC ready in this day and age? ) Parking: Average overall. You know my thoughts.... Thanks! Ric

1  Thank Ric R
IronstoneVineyards, Social Media Manager at Ironstone Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Ric,

Thank you for joining us during the Little Big Town show! We appreciate your "two thumbs up" rating!

In regards to your parking experience, we will work to ensure all concert staff and volunteers are aware of the designated parking areas (and any other pertinent information for our concert guests). It is important that everyone stay informed so we can provide the best possible guest experience.

Please return anytime you are in the area! With a rotating tasting lineup, seasonal gardens, and year-round events, there is always something new to explore.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

My visit to Ironstone Vineyards was fabulous. Wonderful happy kind folks in the tasting room and fabulous grounds.

1  Thank pammygre
IronstoneVineyards, Social Media Manager at Ironstone Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you for visiting Ironstone Vineyards! We always appreciate the kind words from our guests.

Please return anytime you are in Murphys! Our wine list may change, but you can always count on the same down-home hospitality.

Social Media Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The Ironstone Vineyards amphitheater is a great place to see a show as it’s in the California foothills, surrounded by trees and it cools down nicely at night.

Pros: I’ve seen a few concerts there and while the seating could have you a distance from the stage, the large screens make up for it and the sound system is awesome there.

Cons: not a lot of restrooms available for large crowds. Expect a lot of walking to get to the amphitheater. Parking is limited so you could end up walking a distance carrying your chairs and gear unless you arrive at least two hours prior to the show. ADA parking is also sparse and not specifically marked off so there could be a potential problem there. Exiting the venue is time consuming as Six Mile Road is narrow with single lanes in each direction.

Overall, if you budget your time right, you’ll have a great time. While waiting in line, it was almost a tailgate party situation. If you bring your own food and drink, you can partake in it beforehand but you can’t bring anything in with you except one unopened bottle of water.

1  Thank John L