“Great Experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2016

This was my second visit to Alchemy. The first experience was good but I was unimpressed with the selection of beers that were offered. The chef/owner, Jason wrote a response letting me know they have a massive selection and that I should ask for him next time I'm in. The server told me they have an incredible list of beers, they just don't want to overwhelm the patrons with so many choices. If you like options, ask for the the big list. Jason came out and talked to me and made some recommendations. I was completely impressed and satisfied with my choice.
Now lets talk about the food.
I wasn't in the mood for a full meal so I ordered from the small plates menu and got a salad and nachos. I was expecting bar food nachos but these were really quite impressive. Each chip was covered with toppings (delicious) and the chips were all crunchy down to the last bite. Normally they are soggy by the time you finish but not here. The salad was great too, just the right size to accompany my plate of nachos.
My wife ordered the ribs, which were super tender and flavorful. I highly recommend them. My son ordered the nightly special, which was crimini mushroom ravioli with duck confit. I'n not a big pasta fan but i did try the duck. Excellent!
Overall, we all gave 5 stars to this place. I can't wait for my third trip up to Murphys so I can try something else.
At this moment, Alchemy is rated # 2 in Murphy's behind Grounds. I ate there too and don't think it was nearly as good. I liked their outdoor area but the food and drink are far better at Alchemy.

1  Thank khub79

Reviewed November 23, 2016

We've been here several times and always have a great meal. The fresh corn bread is an amazing treat. The staff is always friendly and service is great. Outdoor seating during the summer months are a nice treat.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

We chose Alchemy Cafe for the location of our son's wedding rehearsal dinner and couldn't have been more pleased with the results. The owner/Chef Jason was extremely easy and flexible to work with, the food was delicious and the service excellent. We enjoyed the private patio room for our group, and although it was a cool evening, the heaters were very efficient. It was a delightful evening.

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Just returned from Murphys and from attending a wedding rehearsal dinner at Alchemy. Staff did an excellent job and I would highly recommend this restaurant. Try either their Salmon or their bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Both were wonderful!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Had a nice meal but this establishment is busy so get a reservation! Had to sit at the bar but that was okay. Ordered the salmon and the meatloaf dishes...both with very good. They have excellent wines and most interesting in the beers they have on tap. Order a Belgium raspberry beer. It was delicious!