“Looking for fish tacos?”
Review of Firewood Cafe

Firewood Cafe
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Murphys
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Simple restaurant, The staff was very friendly, the food looked and smelled great when we walked in. I had the fantastic fish tacos, my wife had a great salad. The tacos were very fresh and tasty, not sure they were the best I've ever had, but they were delicious and filling. My wife's salad was huge for 1/2 salad. Not a fancy salad with a lot of other ingredients on it, such as tomatoes, etc., but the lettuce was very fresh. Very good little restaurant especially if you are in a hurry and want something delicious. I would have given this place an excellent rating, except there were many flies buzzing around. I know it's hard to control that with customers constantly in and out of the doors, but it's not appetizing. Will definitely go back and would definitely recommend this to others. Bye the way the pizzas looked great as well.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

After wine tasting when you really should have food in your stomach, this is the perfect stop for a late lunch. The ordering is easy and the menu varied enough to please anyone. The atmosphere is casual and the tacos yummy with a salsa bar to experiment with different flavors. We were four adults, but this would be suitable for teens and children.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here since the place opened and have always been satisfied. Then tonight happened...
My wife ordered a mushroom Swiss burger and I ordered a pizza from the stone oven. When my wife had finished her burger I went to check the status of my pizza. It had not yet been started. I took a refund and left. The worst part was the excuses.. "we're busy tonight". You weren't when we ordered, the crowd came in while we waited. "We have Someone new in the kitchen" the kitchen turned out the burger nicely and on time. The missed pizza doesn't come from the kitchen.
Next time don't blow smoke up my back side, just admit you dropped the ball. We are local and frequent diners.

1  Thank DavidnJulia
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Tacos probably the best I've eaten. Salad was just lettuce. Hubby ate a burger and exclaimed it was AWESOME!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Not exactly what you would expect. A mundane setting with lots of rough wood, some interesting art on the walls, and the feeling of a bar. You order from a counter with a wall board above from a selection of pizzas, tacos,hamburgers, etc. and get drinks from a fast-food drink dispenser. The pizza is delivered to your table. Then the surprise. The pizza is excellent. It is cooked in a real wood fired oven with a great crust and a creative mix of ingredients. Don't be put off by the setting, the food is what you are here for, and the pizza is excellent.