“Great Casual dining open most days”
Review of Firewood Cafe

Firewood Cafe
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Murphys
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 11 October 2017

So seems crazy, but choices open on Mon or Tues are far between in Murphys. Firewood is always there, always consistent, good pizza, good burgers, good burritos, great chicken strips. Reasonably fast, as reasonably priced as you will get in Murphys.

My only real gripe, in the summer if they are going to keep it open air with the door open, put in a few bug zappers to kill the darn flies.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My wife and I love the pizza here! The crust is fabulous! We come here whenever we are visiting. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I've been here a few years back and had an excellent pizza. This time we thought we'd try the burgers. Some people that were staying at the same place we were in Angels Camp said that they were really good so we thought we'd give them a try. I really like the fact that you can add the condiments that you want and in the quantity you want. I had the Gorgonzola Burger and it was outstanding with my chosen additions. My wife took the typical bacon cheeseburger and made it into a masterpiece with her choices. They were really really good. Happen to notice that the owner walked in and immediately started interacting with the customers and the staff. Meaning that if he takes that kind of Interest it's going to be a good experience. The only negative we experienced were the French fries. As they cool down they became kind of hard. Usually means the oils about ready to be changed. But the burgers were still good enough to give it a 5-star rating

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Pizza was delicious. Even rivals the best Chicago thin crust pizza! Beer and wine are local and reasonably priced. Staff was friendly and quick. Definately a place to stop for a great meal in Murphys!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Simple restaurant, The staff was very friendly, the food looked and smelled great when we walked in. I had the fantastic fish tacos, my wife had a great salad. The tacos were very fresh and tasty, not sure they were the best I've ever had, but they were delicious and filling. My wife's salad was huge for 1/2 salad. Not a fancy salad with a lot of other ingredients on it, such as tomatoes, etc., but the lettuce was very fresh. Very good little restaurant especially if you are in a hurry and want something delicious. I would have given this place an excellent rating, except there were many flies buzzing around. I know it's hard to control that with customers constantly in and out of the doors, but it's not appetizing. Will definitely go back and would definitely recommend this to others. Bye the way the pizzas looked great as well.