“Charming & Cute! Includes wonderful breakfast AND evening cheese & wine!”
Review of SENZA Hotel

SENZA Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Fort Myers
“Charming & Cute! Includes wonderful breakfast AND evening cheese & wine!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago and were pleasantly surprised! I'd like to take credit for finding this place but a friend of ours actually suggested it. (He recommends it to all of his visitors.) :) First off, thank you for being so clean! I am a germaphobe and usually find myself tip toeing around everything but had no problem in our room or anywhere on the property for that matter. Secondly, the staff was so friendly! From the phone call when I placed my reservations, to the nice gentleman who checked us in (so sorry I forgot his name!), to the nice lady who greeted us at breakfast, and even to the nice email I came home to! They even arranged a last minute massage therapist to come in.(So nice by the way! i HIGHLY recommend it. They come to you!) They provide a complimentary breakfast in the morning, my husbands favorite was the oatmeal and cranberries, and also provide wine and cheese in the evening. This really is such a great value and a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AudBrightnCheery17
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear AudBrightnCheery17,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at La Residence and the services we offer.

It appears by your photograph that you had the perfect weather to enjoy not only our property but the valley and beyond.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future when your schedule allows.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
La Pine, Oregon
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My significant other and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and I must say it was one of the most serene get-a-ways we've had in quite sometime. Our room was cozy and full of antiques, and the bed was amazing. Best night of sleep I've had in a longtime. I loved that the hot tub is open year round, as most places close theirs down in the winter. The staff are all warm and welcoming and were always attentive. The breakfast they serve in the mornings was scrumptious and I'd give the coffee and hot oatmeal 5 stars! We didn't attend the evening wine and cheese hour as we arrived late, but I would have to say our overall experience with La Residence and their staff was definitely 5 Stars!
We will be returning guests for sure ... Maybe even make it our anniversary destination. I did see that they have wedding packages so that might be in the cards in the future too!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Christy N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay us at La Reisdence. I am happy to hear that you had a memorable time with us and we appreciate your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when your anniversary comes around as we would love to be able to repeat your experience once more and who knows, it may even turn into a honeymoon stay too!!!

Once again, thank you for your comments and time taken to give us feedback.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife and I decided to spend the weekend in Napa and wanted a quiet and peaceful B&B for some R&R. Tis was the first time we stayed at the La Residence and will not be the last. We booked the cottage suite which had a separate living room where we could relax after a day of wine tasting. The grounds were beautiful and the complimentary breakfast and evening wine tasting was excellent.

1 Thank Elliot F
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Elliot F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at La Residence. I am glad that you found the R&R you were looking for in your weekend away.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and wine hour as these are excellent opportunities to meet and mingle with other guests that are staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your schedule and travel plans allow and will be sure to have the cottage suite ready and waiting.

California
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay. Great rooms, location, breakfast, and afternoon wine and cheese.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Dr_Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at La Residence. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley.

Worthington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Overall, we had a pleasant experience, but there were a lot of missed details that could have given them a five star rating. When we first arrived the room smelled of creosol from the fireplace. We were told that this is normal with fireplaces. It is not normal, but come to find out the damper was left open the smell got better as the days went on, but never went away. Also, fake/chemical infused logs to burn. No thank you. For breakfast, the coffee was not very hot and there was only "fake" cream (liquid creamora) or flavored cream. Yuk! On several days the pastries were stale, but the fresh fruit salad was solo good (highlight) that it made up for the pastries. The room was very clean, with the exception of the carpet which was kind of dirty. The bathroom was spotless, however, the faucets were not well suited for the sinks and water got everywhere when you washed your hands(watch out for your toiletries) and the shower was very awkward to turn on as you and to climb in to turn it on because the glass partition was fixed. Also the sheets were of good quality and the bed was very comfortable.

Dear Annie L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at La Residence, we appreciate your comments greatly.

Please rest assured that I will be reviewing with staff the ways to eliminate the areas you note that detracted from making your stay more enjoyable.

With our fireplaces being more active on the winter months, it is a challenge to totally eliminate any residual odor from burning, however, we will be looking into ways to improve.

I was disappointed to read that our artisan pastries which are baked and delivered daily appeared stale, along with the note that the cream used (which is real) did not meet expectations, as this is not what we want our guests to experience. Once again I will be reviewing with the vendor.

We are continually striving to improve everything we do at La Residence and your comments offer a great insight in allowing us to focus on the details.

Once again, i truly appreciate your time in reviewing your stay with us and hope that should you return to the Napa Valley in the future, that you may give us another opportunity to serve you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked La Residence last minute online. Although we were a bit surprise at the location (out of Napa town and close to the highway), it was a great place to stay. Our room, although a bit old fashioned, was large, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful, helping us to organise a tour of the wine region at the very last minute. The evening wine and cheese hour was excellent. A great way to taste local wines and mingle with some of the guests. The breakfast is also excellent, fresh with lots of variety.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear B Traynor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our nightly wine hour and mingle with other guests, it is a great way to end a day of wine tasting in the Napa Valley.

If your travels bring you back to Wine Country in the future, I hope that you may consider La Residence once more as a place to relax and unwind.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is my first time in. And I was disappointed to be away from a walk able area. Location is right off the main road and area is a little shabby.

If this hotel was in a better location I would come again. Also the photos on tripadvisor make the grounds look a lot more elegant than reality. It is nice but it as nice than photos lead you to believe.
Staff. Very friendly. Breakfast good.

• Stayed January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
5.8 km away
#1 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews
2.4 km away
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!