“We had a fabulous, worry free, and informative day in Napa Valley thanks to Intimate Wine Tours.”

Intimate Wine Tours
Ranked #7 of 239 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a boutique wine tour company, specializing in small and affordable private tours. We have some of the most affordable wine tour rates in the industry. Our staff of concierges has developed close relationships with many wineries and tasting room hosts. Our goal is to provide all our guests with a memorable and exclusive wine tasting experience. Our concierges and hospitality consultants possess years of expert Wine Country experience and are knowledgeable of both Sonoma and Napa County winery appellations.
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I just recently had the pleasure of celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in Napa Valley. Our 3 daughters surprised us with a wine tour from Intimate Wine Tours. What a great surprise!!! Our driver, Tom, picked us up at our hotel at precisely the designated time. He had our tour mapped out with a stop at a gourmet sandwich shop, a picnic spot with a panoramic view of the valley, and wine tasting at several wonderful wineries. Our schedule was flexible. Tom was very friendly, courtesy and extremely knowledgeable of the region and the wineries. Our day was worry free and we learned so much about the valley and enjoyed some fabulous wine. We enjoyed Tom’s company and his professionalism. Would we do this again? Without a doubt! Would we recommend Intimate Wine Tours? Absolutely! Thank you for a great visit!

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Again, congratulations on celebrating your 30th wedding anniversary. It was a pleasure to be a part of your celebration on a wine tour in the Napa Valley. What a wonderful surprise by your daughters, as I know our office manager was just as excited as your daughters when they were planning the wine tour as a surprise. On behalf of Intimate Wine Tours, we thank you for using us for your Napa Valley wine tour and we look forward to providing you with another exceptional wine tour upon your next visit to the Napa and Sonoma wine country.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

My mom, sister and I had a great day of tours with Intimate Wine Tours and Tom. It was great planning by them and allowed me to not have to worry about the details. We loved how we could kindof design our day as we wanted and they were so good to accommodate our requests!!! THANKS!! I would definitely recommended their services. We will definitely use them again the next time we are back!!! :)

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Thank you again for choosing Intimate Wine Tours. We know you have a lot of choices regarding wine tour companies when you visit the Sonoma and Napa wine country and we truly appreciate your business. The pleasure was all ours and I am so elated that you, your mom and sister had such a great time on your wine tour. Allowing us to handle the details and make all of the accommodations is our specialty. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Intimate Wine Tour enhanced the experience of touring wineries. In addition to wine knowledge, the conversation was like talking to a close friend. Subjects covered included horse racing, college football, fine dining and world affairs. It is a great value and the best way to learn wine country.

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Thank you again for choosing Intimate Wine Tours. Likewise! The versatility and dynamics of the conversation was truly a pleasure. As is always the case, regarding our wine tours, the time flies by when we are engaged in such entertaining and fascinating conversation. I am so pleased to hear that you also enjoyed our restaurant/ fine dining recommendations for both Sonoma and San Francisco. Our company is so dynamic and versatile that we like to think of ourselves as mobile concierges for not only the entire Napa and Sonoma wine country, but we can certainly make great lunch and dinner recommendations for San Francisco as well. Enjoy the rest of the college football season and horse racing as those were also two enjoyable topics of conversation. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and to provide you with another exceptional wine tour experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Worth every penny!!! We ( two couples) just got back from a super fun weekend exploring this wine country. We heard about this tour company thru our hotel. Not only did it save us from having to drive ourselves around (not fun on a wine trip) and hoping we did not get lost, but they also set everything up. Long ago you used to be able to just show up at every winery. Now many of them require reservations up front. We would have had no idea how far apart to schedule our stops. This company takes care of all those details so we just jump in our car and let them take us around. They made all the arrangements. Our inital contact was with Susan over the phone. She is super helpful and full of good suggestions. Our driver, Tom, had tons of great "wine" facts and easy to be around. We ended up spending two days with Tom as our driver. One thing that was extra special was a lunch that Susan catered for us at the Raymond Burr winery. I highly recommend this. She put out an amazing spread. I personally have gluten issues. She made tons of extra efforts to make sure there was plenty of gluten free foods. She even went as far as getting me my own crackers, bread and dessert. Having Intimate Wine Tours plan and drive our trip make a good trip into a great one!!

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Congratulations again on your wedding anniversary! The Napa and Sonoma wine country is a perfect venue to celebrate such a special occasion. We thank you for choosing Intimate Wine Tours as the pleasure was all ours to provide you with an amazing wine tour and gourmet catered lunch. Susan, our award winning caterer, does an outstanding job and I am so pleased to hear how satisfied you were with her dietary accommodations regarding the picnic lunch. Our gourmet catered picnics in the wine country is a wonderful feature and highly recommended for group tours. Moreover, thank you for recognizing our logistical knowledge of being able to coordinate and organize an efficient two day wine tour. We strive and make it paramount to efficiently schedule an organized wine tour. On behalf of Intimate Wine Tours, we thank you again, as I thoroughly enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing the four of you for your next wine tour.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I made an impromptu trip to Napa recently and had Intimate Wine tours recommended to me by my hotel. I called late Friday night looking for a Saturday tour and was greeted by Susan who was very extremely friendly and managed to fit me in for a tour the next day. I met Tom my tour guide on Saturday morning, he showed up on time and started out by planning the day. I explained to Tom that I wanted to explore some smaller “off the beaten path” wineries and Tom provided me with just that. He customized my tour on the fly based on what I liked and I definitely found some gems! I had originally only booked Tom for 5 hours but I was so impressed I extended it to 7. Tom was very flexible when I asked him if he would mind extending the tour. Intimate Wine Tours is a very unique company; they have in depth knowledge of the Napa area and know many of the wine makers. I would definitely recommend Intimate Wine Tours and plan on using them again next time I am in the Napa area!

etrifecta, General Manager at Intimate Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you again for deciding to choose Intimate Wine Tours for your impromptu trip to the Napa Valley. It was a fantastic day with charming company. I am appreciative and thankful for you acknowledging our talented abilities at being able to organize and customize a boutique wine tour on the fly. That is definitely one of our strong points and what separates us from a lot of our competitors. All of our wine tour drivers are extremely talented professionals that can accommodate and cater to the novice wine taster all the way up to the most experienced and discriminating wine palate. We make it a paramount objective to determine your wine preferences and in conjunction with detailed consideration, we can personally customize your wine tour. A lot of our wine tours are scheduled and organized around appointments. However, one of the advantages of booking with Intimate Wine Tours for an impromptu wine tour is our in depth winery and geographical knowledge that allows us to logistically organize a wine tour on the fly. Again, the pleasure was all mine and I am elated that you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future and continuing your boutique wine tour with Intimate Wine Tours.