We traveled to Napa in September with another couple and stayed at 1801 First for four nights. It is a large, lovely old two-story house that has been beautifully maintained (or, perhaps restored--we didn't inquire.) Both couples took king bedded rooms. Ours was upstairs and a bit more expensive than theirs downstairs, but both rooms were large, charmingly decorated and had good beds and good sized, modern well appointed bathrooms with lots of outlets. I think there were about half a dozen rooms in the house. There were several additional rooms in one-story out buildings in the back of the house. They seemed equally nice but they only featured queen sized beds and we wanted kings so we stayed in the house.
The atmosphere here is very warm and welcoming. Breakfast is included with the room and is served in a pretty dining room. In order for the staff to serve breakfast in an efficient and timely fashion, they request that you let them know the night before what time you plan to eat and what you will be ordering from the menu. They were extremely accommodating about allergies and food preferences and gladly added or left things out on request. They asked if I wanted skim or regular milk with my cereal and when I said a prefererred soy milk, they offered to run out and pick some up for me. I declined but felt it was a very nice gesture. There's also pot of coffee available if you get up early and want to take a cup into the parlor or to your room.
There is only a small staff who share the tasks of answering the phone, manning the desk, providing concierge services and serving breakfast but they were all extremlely pleasant, helpful and efficient and they worked really hard to make us feel welcome and to make our visit to Napa enjoyable. They were very knowledgeable about things to do and places to go and were happy to make restaurant reservations for us. Every day around 5:00 or 6:00 they set up wine and cheese or other nibblies in the backyard area and guests could get together and socialize before going off to dinner. After we had checked out (and were already in Muir Woods) I realized I didn't have my diamond ring. As soon as I got somewhere with cell phone service, I went to call 1801 First and found there was already a message on my phone from Felice saying they had found my ring and were holding it for me. She held it for me until I got home and then Fedexed it to me so. I just loved this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated Inn that has changed the mindset of the traditional bed and breakfast. 1801 First has been branded as a landmark property according to The Napa Landmarks Association and continues to be the curb appeal Inn for all tourists and locals alike! We have owned this beauty for 3 1/2 years and have loved being apart of its rich history. A true luxury Inn with graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA