I was given a $500.00 gift certificate for any "Four Sisters" inn. We had never done Napa, so decided to check this out. We are also from the Pasadena, CA area and have an appreciation for homes built in the Craftsman style/era. The inn is located strangely on a very busy corner across the street from the offices of the "Wine Spectator". Entrance to the small parking lot is only from one side of the Inn - not the front, so it took a couple of u-turns to get there (look them up on Google Maps Street View if you are curious). The actual house has been completely refurbished and is quite nice. The common area includes a fireplace, sofas, and small round tables/chairs, where they also serve the afternoon wine/snacks/cheese and breakfast. The atmosphere is quite dark with all the wood, and in my opinion additional light would be a great touch. The staff are very young, albeit friendly and eager to please. Our room was upstairs and had a balcony that was fully covered by some kind of climbing vegetation, so there was complete privacy. Furnishings were comfortable, but honestly not the most luxurious. I expected a little more in terms of amenities in the bathroom, but the offerings were pretty standard. There were nice robes, which proved handy while enjoying our wine on the balcony. While I can understand why there was vegetation covering the balcony - it just was overlooking the small parking lot - but it was kind of claustrophobic if you were hoping for some kind of expansive view. Breakfast was definitely a let down. It was basically a frittata of some sort that was generally cold or needing to be replenished, fruit, and pastries/bread. If you are like us and enjoy a nice brunch, skip the continental breakfast and enjoy one of the many great restaurants. The location is within walking distance of the downtown area, although I was not that impressed as it seems like the recession has really shut a lot of the small businesses down. To really see the winery and more restaurants, you have to drive down the road a bit. There is no jacuzzi or pool, so be advised. Also, this would be a very boring place for kids as there really is no space to accommodate. Overall, this place was comfortable and clean, but didn't deliver based on how much we paid for it. To me, it is the attention to the little things that really make something that is good, exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historic downtown Napa, Blackbird Inn offers the intimacy of a vintage hideaway, yet is an easy walk to many shops and restaurants. With its spacious front porch, huge stone fireplace and liberal use of fine woods, Blackbird Inn creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Blackbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Napa
- Blackbird Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blackbird Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA