2,220 results
All reviews bowling alley crush lounge siena restaurant wine cave tasting room wine tasting industrial area downtown napa family pool free shuttle business conference concierge desk adult pool wine country shuttle service girls weekend beautiful property
Reviewed May 19, 2016

When booking into the Meritage Resort I asked for a two bedroom suite. My husband and I were traveling with our recently widowed 'cousin in law'. We wanted her to feel comfortable but understood her need for privacy.

We were given a one bedroom suite with an adjoining bachelor apartment for our guest. This was perfect. The decor was fabulous. And, we each had our own balconies overlooking the vineyard. We were welcomed each with a bottle of the house wine, which was excellent! We spent our days touring the Valley and played cards in our suite at night. We elected to take out from the bar to have a casual evening. She didn't feel like a third wheel. She felt like the front wheel! We are so grateful that this 'first trip out' for my cousin's wife went well. I know that Fred would be smiling down on us.

On the last day of our stay I indulged myself in a grape seed wrap, which I had been looking forward to for a long time. (What better to do in wine country that wrap yourself in anti oxidants from grape seeds!) The Spa was excellent, the rooms clean and the staff very gracious.

I am very grateful to the staff at the Meritage Resort and Spa for a wonderful retreat and look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Overlook the Vineyard, near the Beautiful Wisteria Pergola if you wish.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2016

First time staying here. Spent 4 nights. The location is good for seeing both Napa and Sonoma, as it is near the highways to take you anywhere. I was surprised that everyone I encountered here (staff) seemed to like their job and was happy. I think this made everyone accommodating. Room was clean and everything worked. Used the spa and got a great massage. They also have a very nice locker room area with steam, Jacuzzi and showers. Don't miss the spa. You'll pay a bit more since it's a resort but they have great folks here. The hotel also has a free shuttle to take you into the city of Napa, so you can drink all you want and get a ride. Go into town and visit Back Room wines if you want a bottle for the room. Much less than the hotel, which is really pricey for their wine. You should also hit up Oxbow market place for lunch or dinner in Napa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the property...you'll be looking at vineyards.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

We have the opportunity to travel often and are privileged to stay at some very nice hotels and resorts. This resort was a big disappointment to say the least!

First impressions mean a lot! When we arrived, we valeted our car. The valet did not greet us with a smile and a welcome nor did he offer to help with our luggage.

We arrived at 4:00 pm (check in time) and there was a very long line. We spoke to an employee greeting guests as we are members of their Discovery Loyalty program and were informed they had no one on duty to register us. We waited in line and upon registering found out our room was not ready. They bellman took our luggage and held it while we waited for our room to be cleaned. We were given a voucher for a drink at the bar and waited over an hour for our room. At that time, we received a call that our room was ready. We spoke to the employee greeting guests and told her our room was ready. She said you have to wait in line AGAIN to get your key. This was very annoying as the lines were very long! We then asked for our luggage to be brought to our room but they don't do that. We had to get it from the bellman and take it ourselves.

Once in our room, it was clean! Thankfully! Many of our friends were given rooms that had not been cleaned!

When our room was cleaned the next day we were only given one bath towel. I hopped in the shower that morning and asked my husband to get towels from housekeeping. (Their cart was right outside our door.) He was told they did not have any clean bath towels. Housekeeping took our room number and said they would bring them as soon they had clean ones. We did not receive. My husband dried off with a hand towel. I called down to guest services and we had them before we went to bed. Ridiculous!

When leaving and returning to the resort, the valet rarely came to greet us. On one return trip, I waited 10 minutes as the valet was chatting with a group of young ladies. Not helping them, just talking. Once again giving the impression I was not important.

This place could use a good Marketing Plan! The resort was very pretty, but based on the service we received there we would not go back. The employees need instruction on how to treat their guests. Customer Service 101. Feeling welcome, kind words and smiles mean a lot to guests. It makes them feel you genuinely care about their stay at your resort/hotel.

Hopefully Meritage will take steps to improve on their customer service.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
GuestRelations M, General Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2016

Dear Tee-gal,

We appreciate that you chose to stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa while vacationing in Napa Valley and thank you for being a member of our Discovery Loyalty program. While we are pleased that you found our resort to be a beautiful destination, we sincerely apologize that your experience here did not meet your expectations or our high service standards. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay and have sent you a private message. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to hear from you soon.

Very Sincerely,

Sheri Thomas
Director of Sales and Marketing
The Meritage Resort and Spa

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

We were there for a wedding. Great location for getting around. The parents of the groom had an incredible suite for entertaining which we did plenty. We had family visit and the Bar has 6 lane bowling alley attached. A lot of fun. Great bar food. And fantastic service.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2016

We had a wonderful time and were treated like royalty at the Meritage in Napa Valley. It is an upper end resort and worth every cent. As soon as we drove in Miyka (?) met us with a big smile and chatted it up with us. Then we met Marissa at the front desk. She was originally from New England and when she found out we were too she made us feel like family. She upgraded our room for us and it was lovely. We had a balcony that overlooked the wine cave, pool and vineyards. We worked out in their exercise room most mornings or walked the vineyards. The farm to table restaurant served delicious food and the waitstaff were very friendly and accommodating. Although there were business gatherings happening on site, there was still plenty of room for us to go to the bar, go to the pool, or take a quiet walk at sunset. The thing I disliked the most was the awful noise in the elevator as it reached each floor.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear barbwp1054,

It was our true pleasure to welcome you to The Meritage Resort and Spa. Thank you for sharing your review, telling how much you enjoyed the exceptional accommodations, deluxe amenities, and decadent cuisine at our resort. We're so pleased that you were able to enjoy so much of what The Meritage offers our guests and we appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us. We hope to welcome you back to The Meritage, should you return to Napa Valley in the future.

Warmest Regards,