All reviewsmexican restaurant next doorred hennapa valleyfree breakfastyogurtbed was comfortablewine tastingthe main highwaywine countryshort driveivywineriesrefrigeratorhelena
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our king size bedroom was big, clean, and comfortable. The pool was clean and the hot tub was nice and warm. The patio/breakfast area was great for sipping wine and breakfast. Hotel is in a great location-- close to the wineries and downtown Napa restaurants. Breakfast (included) is also a good deal: scrambled eggs, toast, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, sweet rolls, cereal, orange juice and coffee. Wine reception included wines (Chardonnay & Cabernet Sauvignon) from Whitehall Lane Winery. Hotel is walking distance (20 feet) to The Red Cantina Mexican restaurant.

Room Tip: King size bedroom is large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was my first trip to Napa. I didn't expect too much as this is a best western and I try not to stay in chain hotels. August is busy time in Napa so I had to pay $270/night which isn't bad for the area, but too high for this type of hotel experience.Though the rooms looks like they had been recently renovated and they were relatively clean, overall I did not enjoy my stay. The walls were paper thin and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. Breakfast was good with a lot of options. In the future, I will stay in downtown Napa or Calistoga, which I think are better locations. There is a small store and a restaurant within walking distance.

The customer service was very good. The staff was friendly and accommodated my request to move rooms. Do not stay in a downstairs room!! I heard footsteps all night and I was just unable to sleep with all of the noise. If you decide to stay here, try to get a room in the upstairs back corner. I think I stayed in room 254. It was actually a very pleasant second night. But for that, I would have given this hotel a much lower rating.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The rooms here are big, clean, and comfortable. The pool is clean and enjoyable. There's also a hot tub and a patio area for sipping wine or just sitting outside with a book. It's in a great location-- close to the vineyards and Napa restaurants-- and also convenient for going for a morning run. Breakfast (included) is also a good deal: scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, juices, and coffee.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This might be one of your best options -- not that that says much. I don't have to look at the city charter or zoning documents to see Napa doesn't allow for high-rise buildings; thus severely limiting the quality of hotels that can pop up here.

But there are some nice perks here: Good comp breakfast spread, free WiFi, close parking, right off the main drag of 29, at the doorstep of all the great vineyards and restaurants.

Room Tip: There's a surprisingly nice (but dumpy looking) Mexican restaurant and bar in hotel parking lot. If you need a night of non-expensive food and drink, do do this.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We enjoyed our three night stay in this hotel. Given the hotel prices in Napa or surrounding towns, this was good value at under $200 per night. The rooms are large, comfortable and newly renovated. Since you have to do a lot of driving in the Napa Valley to get to wineries ect...we didn't mind being out of the city centre. The bus stop (for those choosing that option) is outside the hotel, the wine train stop not far away. The highway noise can be an issue- ask for a room not facing the front of the road. We could hear traffic in the morning. The breakfast is decent- given that it's free- although there were inconsistencies with more options offered some days and not others (and we weren't there over a weekend). Overall, we thought it was good value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple