Open today: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Ways to Experience Platypus Wine Tours
3,089 results
All reviews great tour quinoa salad wine tour cheese and crackers picnic lunch highly recommend this tour great lunch napa valley tour bus off the beaten path a lot of fun new friends small group private tour laid back first stop army
Reviewed 3 days ago

Got picked up from my hotel on time in a small bus, and joined a group of 11 other people for a full day tour of 4 different vineyards and wine tastings. Steve, our guide, was friendly and educational throughout the day. Each vineyard had a new experience to offer, they were not all the same. We met producers and growers, we got tours and lots of educational content (but not too much) which was great. Both the cheese served on the bus, as well as the mid-day lunch was very tasty, not to mention all the different white and red wines I got to taste, 26 to be exact, including tasting young wine directly from the barrel. Great experience.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our tour with Platypus Wine Tours. We never felt rushed and Chris was determined to make our trip memorable and relaxing. Had a great lunch and snack of cheese and crackers, which was a welcomed addition after going to four wineries. The wineries were definitely more of boutique choices and we were so pleased with the choices!!

I strongly suggest choosing this tour company. You won’t regret it!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank kikigr123
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our Platypus Wine Tour we went on in November was the best ever (thanks Gary!!). It was educational, personal and more fun than I’ve ever had on any other tour. It’s very affordable and the wineries we visited were the best. If you’re thinking of booking a tour, go with Platypus. You will be glad you did!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Platypus was recommended to us by the inn where we were staying, and we were happy we followed their advice. We had a great day. What did we like? First the choices of wineries. Four very different ones, ranging from more upmarket, to more family style. Then the tour itself. The bus had seating in a circle, which was great for interaction with the group, because you are facing each-other, and last but not least our tour leader, Chris. Great guy, great personality, who did everything possible to make us happy. And that meant also preparing lunch, choosing the best music in the bus, providing boxes the ship wine, taking our pictures, finding fun way to introduce us to each other, and particularly being just a nice guy. So this wine tour is highly recommended.

1  Thank Jan-Tiny
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First winery was great , second was a building with plywood sides... and thus it went. After the final winery our driver turned the bus over to a few of the “guests” who at one point were dancing in in the aisles. Hardly what I expect of a Napa wine tour

Date of experience: November 2018
Don R, Owner at Platypus Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We’re very sorry to have disappointed you so. It is possible that our tour was just not a good match for your preferences, but we do manage to please such guests anyway, at least in most cases. I admit that some of the wineries our guides choose to visit are rather rustic, but the vast majority of our guests enjoy the authentic and intimate feel of wineries like that. Also, we do not discourage our guests from being a little festive. Dancing on the bus is permitted when it is not in motion. This is part of the social dynamic of being on a group tour and again, an aspect that really pleases almost every one of our guests. Having said that, we do our best to manage our groups so that no one actually gets drunk on our tour. It is a social tour, but not a bar crawl. Our guides provide stories and history and wine making information on the tours. I hope you received and appreciated that aspect of the experience. However, since we clearly have failed to please you, I have to assume that we ultimately failed at this tour, so again, I apologize. I’d appreciate very much if you would contact me so that I may try to make up to you for our shortcomings.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

On time pickup, clean bus with water and snacks. Well informed guide who took us to some smaller vineyards. We were fortunate to have some interesting people in our group which added to the enjoyment of the day. Tasted some wonderful wines with great food and company. Winner!

Date of experience: February 2018