All reviews sun room biscotti broad street ron and julie front porch in town guest house carriage house wine glasses coffee and tea reading lights ron makes instant oatmeal comfortable patio half block enjoy coffee sparkling clean
Reviewed September 29, 2018

The Broad Street Inn was the final stop on a Gold Country road trip I started with my boyfriend in Yosemite, and thankfully it turned out to be a wonderful place to end our journey. When we rolled up I was immediately struck with how "lovely" the home was. When we walked in and were immediately greeted by one of the owners almost like we were family, again the word "lovely" popped into mind. She humorously said I looked like her son coming up the walk, which made me chuckle, and the way she spoke to me (my familial appearance aside) made my boyfriend and I feel very welcome.

We found our room upstairs which was again "lovely" and well appointed. It was a very nice blend of modern touches while still holding true to the period of the home, which was something I found many of these historic residences have trouble accomplishing. I had a rather abysmal example of that in Jamestown a night earlier.

Touring the residence, as it really does feel like a home, there's a very "lovely" sunroom with snackish things and a very "lovely" backyard. My boyfriend was recording and walking around "ooohing" and "aaahing" at everything.

As you can tell I was very pleased with everything I came across. If I had to nitpick anything, I'd say the room was warm and the ceiling fan didn't provide much relief. It wasn't unbearable, but I suppose that's hard to manage in older homes. Also, when we parked a homeless gentleman plopped down in front of residence reading a book he pulled from a cute borrow a book system they have out front on the curb. He wasn't scary, I actually talked to him a little when I left, still though it was rather odd and to some other people, he might be a detractor.

I can't really knock a star away for the heat nor the homeless gentleman. The AC is what it needs to be to maintain the integrity of the home, and the gentleman out front was just an oddity they have no control over.

If I find my way here again in the future, this "lovely" home earned my repeat business.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
JulieC6015, Owner at Broad Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Thank you so much Mike! I just loved reading this review. It's so descriptive and informative of your experience here. Plus, you made me smile!

Thanks again and hope to see you both on a future visit to the gold country. Halloween is super fun here, btw, and a lot cooler weather!!

Take Care!

Julie Carrara

Reviewed September 17, 2018

How can you go wrong with a place that has a "little library" on the front lawn? We stayed two nights, which was not enough to explore all the cozy spots to sit and read, or just relax: the front-yard swing, the patio in back, the sun room, the cozy leather sofas on the main floor. And reading lights! Actual reading lights over the bed! You could tell that the hosts, Ron and Julie, had thought long and hard about what they wanted when they stayed at an inn, and they provided it all -- from a flashlight in the room to coffee, fruit and biscotti (baked by Ron) for breakfast. Easy walk to downtown. I would stay here again. And again. And again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JulieC6015, Owner at Broad Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you Susan! What a great review with so much information helpful for other travelers in planning their stay in Nevada City.
There are so many events and activities year round here, that you could come again and again and never be lacking for things to do and see. Next week is the Draft Horse Classic and the following week is the Celtic Festival. We do hope you see you on a future stay.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Ron & Julie

P.S. The Little Free Library is what "sold" us on this inn! Glad you liked it, too.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

My husband stayed here recently for a family wedding in Nevada City. Three other rooms were booked by family members. The house is lovely and the hosts are delightful! It is close enough to easily walk to downtown but far enough away to be very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast is not included, but there is coffee, fruit and homemade biscotti available. Wonderful place to stay!!

Room Tip: We loved our room downstairs in the front.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
JulieC6015, Owner at Broad Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you for your lovely and informative review! We hope you will tell a friend and/or visit again on a future trip to the sierra foothills.
We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and nothing makes us happier than guests pleased with their experience here.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 15, 2018

We recently stayed a night here on our way through the Sierras. The Inn is delightful. Our room was ample size and had everything we might need including a table top ironing board! The room was spotless and comfortable. The bathroom was also nice with a stand sink and shower. To add more storage space for your toiletries, there was a open cupboard above the toilet. The shower had complimentary shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in a lovely squirt container. Plenty of towels and extra pillows were available. I was worried about being on ground floor due to possible noise. The place was very quiet and cozy. Ron and Julie are great hosts and very engaging which made our stay more fun. In the morning, they have fresh biscotti, oatmeal, fruit and variety of hot drinks available in the Inn's sunroom. We did not use the outdoor patio but it looked fantastic. All in all, we would definitely stay here again! I also would recommend it to solo travelers who want a cordial, more personal place to stay during their travels.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We stayed here for a wedding at the Miner's Foundry and loved everything about it. The owners are attentive and accommodating. The details in the room are refined and eloquent. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Room 6 was the biggest
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JulieC6015, Manager at Broad Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Hi Emily! Thank you for the great review! We loved hosting you and seeing all of the wedding crowd enjoy their time together. Great group!

Thanks again and hope to see you on a future stay!