All reviews silicon valley w hotel front desk room service dumbarton bridge free wifi union city coyote hills large room business trip nice bathroom continental breakfast stayed here for one night easy access san francisco enjoyed my stay robot
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel with nice views. The hotel itself is modernized and updated. We heard from the locals that it has a happening happy hour but never was able to make it to it. Our kids loved the robot that provides basic room service. The main draw back to this hotel is that it’s not centrally located to restaurants and entertainment if that’s what your looking for. This was our 2nd visit, first time with our kids and for us the double bed room was sufficient room for a family of 5.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2018

I remember staying at Aloft properties when they first started opening eight or nine years ago. I loved the minimalist design of the common areas and the minimalist, yet stylish approach to the rooms. I also greatly appreciated the consistency from one property to the other and not just the uniformity of the hotel layouts.

Unfortunately, over time I began noticing lapses in service. Just as the cookie-cutter approach gave me a sense of familiarity from Aloft to Aloft, it carried over to problems with service.

This Aloft was breath of fresh air. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and not stressed. Other Aloft front desks always seem chaotic and disorganized. I also appreciated my SPG Platinum recognition. I got a room upgrade AND didn't have to ask about points or breakfast. I've been to some Alofts where they have no clue about Platinum benefits.

My suite was wonderful. It was spacious and very nicely laid out.

The breakfast selection was excellent. However, the servers should let Platinum members know that the breakfast voucher is good for the Continental Breakfast OR a $15 credit towards the breakfast menu. On my first morning, I only had the continental breakfast as the server didn't tell me about the option of going ala carte with a credit. The next day the server told me about the options. My only complaint is that he did not tell me about the $4 charge for coffee. I assumed that it was included just as it was with the continental breakfast. This was ridiculous as 10 feet away from me was the complimentary coffee to which guests can help themselves!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this Aloft! I will stay again if I'm in the area and will certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

This is a hip hotel that is conveniently located between San Francisco and Silcone Valley. This former W Hotel turned Aloft has many amenities like a great pool and the food is very good, especially breakfast. With my Platinum status I have received some great upgrades and I always choose free breakfast as my platinum amenitiy.
The staff is great at this property and has always accommodatied my needs. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the area, you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2018

The hotel is fairly new and nice. Rooms have good beds but a small closet and only 2 drawers. Im not sure if the staff does not know which members get what or just doesnt care. Im platinum and when I asked about breakfast in the morning for Platinum members she said she knew nothing about it. Also nothing about a welcome gift or points. Ill see if I can straighten it out with the manager in the morning but from reading some of the reviews, this seems to be standard at this property.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the opposite side from the train.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

I just had one of the best meals I’ve had all year - and it was Room Service! Free parking, sparkling clean room with a kitchenette, free WiFi with a good signal and great room service- all for just over 100 bucks. Highly recommend for business travel to Silicon Valley. Only downside to the area is traffic- but you can’t avoid that here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business