“This place is always busy!!!!”
Review of Hibachi-San

Hibachi-San
Ranked #132 of 208 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 6, 2017

There are about a dozen eateries at this food court. It doesn't matter when you go, just look, you will see that this place is one of the busiest......save Burger King for those without any discerning tastes whatsoever. So look at who's busy......'nuff said. They stir fry is hot and tasty and their sushi is fresh sashimi-wise, but seems their rice is a bit dried out.....need to add a bit more vinegar and moisture and they will be much improved. This is the only place I eat now when at this mall......period.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I hate to be the first reviewer of this eateries and give a 1-star review, but I have to be honest.

I ordered a teriyaki chicken (No. 1). Typically, the chicken in teriyaki chicken is served fresh off the teppan, This place, in contrast, used pre-grilled chicken breast, cut the chicken into strips, and pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken strips! My jaw literally dropped when I witnessed how it's prepared.

They couldn't even get the white rice right-- it's too wet and sticky. I regret that I picked this place among dozen's of eateries in the mall.

Been to Hibachi-San? Share your experiences!