“Good ”

Sumo Sushi
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times they have great lunch specials
food is good
slightly pricey
good service

Reviewed April 29, 2018

We went for dinner to try a new sushi place. Sumo has great reviews so we thought we would give it a try. The decor was nice and they turn tables quickly with fast service. A typical roll will run around fourteen dollars and appetizers about ten. I had a jalapeno yellowtail, which I found dry and warm, and a couple other rolls with my group and they were kinda plain. The spicy tuna used a strange source for the spice and the other rolls didn't have much flavour. We might go again for some inexpensive happy hour but likely will not return.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Great Sushi. The place was packed for Happy Hour so the food took a little longer to come that I would have liked but that is to be expected.

My daughter found a fly in her food and the dish was replaced immediately with much apologizing. They took her plate off the bill. I do not think that it was a regular occurrence because everyone was truly horrified.

Despite that, our whole group would come back again in a heartbeat. The food is really nicely cooked and we were all stuffed when we left (and everyone had something to go home with - you cannot fault the portions!)

I would thoroughly recommend you visit Sumo, you will not regret it.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Was in the area on business so I ate here one night as it was right by the hotel I was staying at.

Had 3 rolls and a beer at the sushi bar. Sushi was good and the service was fine. I ordered two larger rolls (one was the lion king) and a california roll. This was more than enough for me and I really had to push myself to finish it all. Wish I had a chance to try some of the hot dishes.
Seemed like the place was extremely popular with locals which is always a good sign.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Sumo sushi offer a nice variety of fresh sushi for very reasonable prices. They also have a nice selection of other Japanese items for those who do not enjoy sushi. It is very popular and crowded so get there early to avoid long waits.