“best pizza locally”

Spumoni Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 18, 2018

excellent Italian food. Generous helpings, good homemade bread, tapenade. We love their pizza and order takeout often. quiet atomsphere,

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Bread and olive tapenade is amazing. Bread is soft as a buttery cloud and the olive tapenade is a flavor explosion.

The Gnocchi 4 formaggi e spinach is delightful! The pillow soft Gnocchi is perfectly done and the 4 cheese sauce is the perfect blend of flavors and topped with spinach to ground this heavenly dish. My wife had it as is from the menu, I added shrimp and the shrimp was a nice touch.

My children delighted in the fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. The dish is not overly drenched in sauce like many restaurants serve. They heartily enjoyed it.

The staff was very responsive and kept the bread and tapenade flowing before the meal arrived. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

My wife and I were here for lunch during a weekday. We've been here before and have always enjoyed the food.
It seemed that there was only one server (owner??) and he was quite busy, running back and forth.
I always liked the Calamari appetizer and seems plentiful. My wife had the Cioppino Mediterraneo, which was also plentiful - and we wound up taking leftovers from both orders.
One thing that was a bit irritating; before we went, I checked the menu to see if anything new, as well as try something new if it seems appealing. Both orders had lower prices online than in the restaurant, roughly around $2 each. Not sure WHY both inhouse printed menu as well as online cannot be updated at the same time!
We'll be back.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We recently went to Spumoni Italian Restaurant with some friends for our first visit. The ambiance was warm and relaxing. We enjoyed a bottle of wine, which we took with us for a minimal corkage fee. The service was very attentive, and the food was delicious. We can't wait to return for another meal.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

We arrived early and beat the crowd at around 4:30 pm. Glad we did, because it is a popular spot. Every dish is prepared individually and presentation on the plate is picture perfect. Delicious and our table of 5 all chose some item different from each other. Salad? huge! Location was great after visiting the Reagan Library.