“Javiers - A Real gem”

Ranked #25 of 536 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located along Pacific Coast Highway, just North of Laguna Beach with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Join us for sunset cocktails & dinner on our oceanview patio. Join your friends in our vibrant bar for our wide selection of specialty margaritas, rare tequilas, fine wines, beers & cocktails. The bar is open nightly until 1:00am.
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Had lunch with a friend on a beautiful afternoon. The interior design is simple but sophisticated. Lots of windows in the restaurant and the views to the out of doors is pleasant.
The staff is attentive and very good at what they do.
The menu is diverse. I ordered a salad and it was divine ...just the right size.
The price point of items is on the high end.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I have now been to Javier’s in Las Vegas and in Newport, which I believe is the original location, and I’m missing the attraction.

It is a nice setting and the service was excellent but the food and drinks are average at best.

We went for dinner with some friends and kids and ordered a variety of food. I ordered a jalapeño margarita which has so much jalapeño it was totally undrinkable and I’m a huge slice person. There were probably 50 pieces of jalapeño in a tiny glass. They readily took it back and it was not a problem

The food was okay. Average and. I thing special. In Las Vegas, I took a big group and aside from expensive margaritas, all were disappointed with the food.

I don’t understand the buzz about this place and will not return. Maybe the “scene” makes the place, but I would not recommend it for food or drinks.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is AMAZING. The End lol. I’d like to end my review here but will go more into details
Before you even get to your table, you will be mezmorized by the lively atmosphere. We didn’t have reservations on a Saturday night, we thought it might be hopeless. We went anyway, they checked us in, told us 1.5hr wait. We agreed and sat in the lounge ( has awesome complimentary chips & salsa ). 15 minuets later our buzzer rang !! It was great! The dining room is sooooo fun
The food is amazing & drinks are awesome.
I saw some people having pasta!! I guess they have to put in a pasta dish for those people who go to a Mexican restaurant & have the need to ear pasta!!! But please stay away from pasta & try everything else. It’s to die for. Great quality food. Some reviewers complained about it being expensive. Well no, it’s not!! We had drinks & meals for 4 for $180!! That’s nothing!! Honestly is worth it. This isn’t your typical Mexican Restaurant. It’s AMAZING. Did I mention how AMAZING this place is?? ;) Go & Enjoy

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

If you are asking authentic Mexican food in Orange County you must come to Javier’s In Newport. The food is great, as is the Tequila. Our waiter turned us on to one of the best. My only complaint was the room we were seated in - not the main room. We felt like we were being punished or something. The main room had a much cooler vibe.
But the food was the best part. We had Mexican shrimp and seafood enchiladas which were amazing. If you are in Newport, it’s the best Mexican food along the coast highway.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Great food at high prices. Never before have we paid $100 for shrimp enchiladas and drinks. Two margaritas, a beer and a glass of house wine. Extremely noisy, as well. It’s a huge restaurant and a place to watch the crowds.