All reviews rooftop bar table restaurant valet guys are yogurt parfait front desk free bikes helpful with directions several families beautiful hotel newport blvd skee ball nautical theme surf boards upscale hotel nice balcony bottle of champagne hot tub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An all encompassing resort! Whether you are there for business or pleasure, you are covered on every front! From the dining to the spa, lounging poolside, drinks on the rooftop, cruising Newport on the bikes (one of my favorite parts) you really can't go wrong. The staff is outstanding. the rooms are impeccable, it all feels like home. Hands down, 5 stars!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view, with a balcony. It is worth the upgrade! 4th floor is ideal, great views, close to the rooftop lounge
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Lido House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jeneancortese,

On behalf of our staff, thank you for the outstanding review. We are pleased to know how much you loved our exceptional service and that you could take advantage of all that our area has to offer. We are ideally located for our guests to celebrate Newport Beach's vibrant city, bustling marina, and white-sand beaches. On your next visit, be sure to enjoy the endless California summer atmosphere at our captivating rooftop bar, Topside. All of us at Lido House, Autograph Collection look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It’s fresh. Beautifully-appointed, nautical-themed hotel right by the busy Newport Blvd. not on the water. 15 mins from OC airport.

Upon arrival I went straight to the bar and paid $42 for two bloody Mary’s.

The room decor is really nice but the closet is tiny. The TV reception was not good. And two of the 3 HBO channels were blank.

The rooftop bar is a great spot for people watching. Bring your Botox.

We didn’t try the restaurant. I did order a $12 yogurt parfait that was delicious.

We did take advantage of the complimentary bikes and ride on the beach (5 blocks away). It’s hard to beat the SoCAL breeze. The Newport Pier is about a 10 minute ride — A great vantage point for watching the surfers.

Overall the hotel has a good vibe. I would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Lido House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear OliverA3,

Thank you for your detailed review of Lido House, Autograph Collection. We are glad to know our accommodation and facilities met most of your expectations and that you had a pleasant time with us. Thanks again for highlighting our convenient location, and we look forward to hosting you back very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night at the Lido House last Spring. The actual facility was very nice. A beach theme ran throughout the hotel. The dining room looked nice but was quite busy. The outside bar area was quite nice and very busy. A rooftop bar had yet to open but the design was excellent. I do wonder if, when opened, this bar which was above some rooms could prove to be undully noisy for the rooms underneath. I would think it could prove to be a bit noisy for certain rooms. We stayed in an ocean view room. Though nice, the room was not particularly large and it was rather expensive for its size and finishes.

Attached to the Lido House is a seperate coffee shop. Not only were the coffee drinks grossly overpriced but the server took forever to prepare the drinks and they were not very good. The assortment of muffins was pathetic and they tasted horrible...they ended up in the trash can. I hope some attention has been given to improving the quality of the food and drinks at the coffee shop and My husband and I stayed one night, a Saturday, in an ocean view room. The Lido House recently opened and it was obviously workong out kinks, especially in the quality of the service. Our room, though nice, was quite small. The entire hotel has a beach theme which is cute, not elegant but cute.

The main restaurant looked nice but we didn’t eat thete as it was packed. The outdoor bar was nice and cery crowded. The was a large bouncer/secured guard at the entrance to the bar which gave the hotel a rather ofd feeling. An assitional rooftop bar was not open yet. It had liovely views and the decor was excellent. I do think that the rooms located directly under this bar would have problems with noise once the bar opened.

I went to the spa right after we checked in to try and book a massage. The spa was completely booked for the entire weekend and no accommodation was made for guests of the hotel. I believe it is very bad form for oaying guests to be unable to use the soa services while non-guests are able to book services by calling ahead. I think something must be done to ensure that hotel guests are guaranteed access to spa services, even if it means a massage therapist goes to the guest’s hotel room.

On Sunday morning my husband and I went to the coffeehouse attached to the hotel to get a coffee and something to eat- once again the restaurant was packed. The coffee drinks we ordered not only took a long time to prepare but were also expensive and tasted horrible. The muffin selection was lacking but that really didn’t matter as the muffins were basically inedible...they ended up in the trash can.

My biggest complaint, and the main reason for three stars however, was the horrendous valet service. Although there were a large number of valets on site, there seemed to be difficulties in taking away and retrieving cars. The biggest problem we experienced was obtaining a taxi to take us from the hotel to John Wayne Airport which is quite close to the hotel. My husband requested a taxi the night before from the front desk night manager; we needed a taxi to pick us up for our 1 pm flight home. On Sunday morning we checked out and went to the hotel entrance to wait for our cab. And wait. And wait. After about 15 minutes I asked the front desk where our cab was...no answer. I had to get increasingly emphatic with a variety of assistant managersmanagers and valet staff to determine where, and most importantly, when our taxi would arrive. Finally I had to get the person in charge of the valet service and demand that he call another taxi. We barely made our flight.

It was apparent that every single employee I asked concerning the location and arrival time of our taxi couldn’t care less. It appeared that the valets were more concerned with receiving tips for taking and delivering cars than making sure that a guest, who stayed in one of the most expensive rooms in the hotel, made it onto their flight back to San Francisco.

The valets were busy with people who were arriving at the hotel for Sunday brunch. I find it appalling that guests who actually stayed at the hotel were given short shrift as opposed to people coming for brunch. The hotel quite obviously needs to change its priorities and work on improving its service. Given the room prices, the service was sorely lacking. As anyone who reads my numerous hotel reviews knows, I have no problem paying for a hotel room. But I do expect quality service to accompany a high priced hotel room. Lido House’s service does not merit its high price.

Given the cost of the room relative to its size and the appalling lack of concern for making sure guests, who had requested a taxi at least two hours before they checked out, I can not give Lido House more than three stars. Perhaps their valet service has improved. But the room cost, in and if itself, was excessive relative to the room size. Though a lovely facility, the Lido House has some lessons to learn in both pricing and service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sftcat
TeamMarriott, Manager at Lido House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear sftcat, thank you for visiting with us and for taking the time to share your thoughtful review. We are pleased you enjoyed our modern beach decor and overall found our facilities comfortable and inviting. We do, however, apologize for the poor service and attention to detail provided to you in regards to securing a taxi for your departure. Upon receiving this review, we've immediately approached the associate who serviced you, our valet team, and also the supervisor to get clarity and to ensure that situations such as yours are not repeated and handled appropriately moving forward. We can assure you we have learned from this incident, and the directive is clear on how we will respond to handling guests requests. We appreciate you staying with us and for letting us know that we must constantly improve our service. It's our hope you will give us another chance and to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

From the pulling into valet to the end of our stay, we had nothing but attentive and outstanding service that went above and beyond what we expected. We stayed in the Balboa Cottage. It was beautifully decorated and spotless. The layout was unique in that the bedrooms were on the 2nd floor. Each room had it's own balcony. The level up from the bedroom had a very nice balcony with TV, fireplace and BBQ. The staff was always available and anticipated our needs. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Lido House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Dear Camper26269216058,

Thank you for choosing the Lido House, Autograph Collection and for your generous review. We are dedicated to providing stellar service, and we appreciate your acknowledgment of our efforts. Our unique and memorable guest rooms are designed to enhance your stay, wise in the ways of the California coastal lifestyle. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel for a getaway In the heart of Newport Beach. Beautiful, classy place with great service. From start to finish, everyone we met was kind and helpful. The pool is great and quiet and the rooftop bar is great to get sun and hang out with friends. We felt very at home at lido house.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Lido House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear Joe P,

Thank you for the awesome review of our hotel, Lido House, Autograph Collection. We are delighted you enjoyed everything we have to offer, including our devoted staff and excellent accommodations. Our Orange County Hotel blends Classic Cape Cod architecture with nautically-inspired details to bring our guests sophisticated coastal style. It was our pleasure hosting you, and we hope you will come back to see us soon.