“Fantastic Happy Hour, great food overall”
Review of Eddie V's Wildfish

Eddie V's Wildfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Wildfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 537 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Join us in the V Lounge for an evening of imaginative craft cocktails and prime seafood matched with an elegant ambiance filled with the sounds of live jazz nightly. Eddie V's Prime Seafood brings an experience filled with Seafood, Steaks and Rhythm, with a menu emphasis on top of the catch prime seafood creations, USDA prime beef and chops, and fresh oyster bar selections. The restaurant is set in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere accented with a palette of sultry earth tones occasionally interrupted by bold colored artwork and mixed wood finishes. The rhythms of nightly live music fill the V Lounge, where you can also enjoy Eddie V's daily happy hour for specially priced signature cocktails and fresh seafood appetizers.
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Has one of the best Happy Hours I have been to. A number of specially priced appetizers and drinks.
Drinks were great and appetizers were excellent, including shrimp, tuna and crab cake appetizers. Dinner is excellent as well. Will definitely go back on next visit to Newport.

1  Thank AKK

Reviewed January 3, 2015

Our waiter Manny was very friendly and attentive to our needs. I had the Grand Banks Scallops and my companion had the Scottish Salmon. Both were excellent. We shared two small sides of au gratin potatoes and sauteed Monterey-style corn. Everything was served very hot, not lukewarm. The sides were as good as the entree. We decided to try the pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. It came to the table and the waiter lit the brandy and poured it over the cake. It was excellent, especially with the after dinner coffee. We had early reservations so we did not observe the high noise level until we were ready to leave. My only complaint is that it is so dark in the restaurant that we had a hard time reading the menu. It is pricey, but the food is excellent.

Reviewed December 24, 2014

we celebrated our Anniversary here and had a wonderful meal. The Halibut was superb, the sides of Brussels sprout (don't see these often on the menu) were perfect and the potatoes au gratin were delicious. My pineapple upside down dessert was huge and unbelievably good. The chocolate cake and ganache stood out. The service was first class, friendly, and we were visited by a number of management staff who made us feel that they cared about us. Beautiful interior but a little dark.

Reviewed December 23, 2014

The food is excellent (I've never been disappointed) and portions generous. Our favorite thing about Wildfish is the happy hour that extends to 7pm. The happy hour menu is extensive, affordable, and the portions large. This location is famous for the pineapple upside-down cake, which is no longer on the menu but they still serve it if you ask for it. ... and it is better than my home-baked! It is flambèed at the table for an outstanding presentation.

1  Thank Portstmom
Reviewed December 14, 2014

While visiting my brother in law in Irvine we dined here and enjoyed our meal. Even though it was fairly early (6:30 pm) the parking lot was very full so we were worried there would be a long wait but it seemed as though the crowds were in the bar area so we were seated quickly.

Nice server brought menus and took drink orders. The menu has many choices but one complaint is they had the lights so dim for "atmosphere" that we all used our cell phones as flashlights! My wife and I enjoyed the oysters and the Salt and Pepper shrimp appetizers and her brother had a nice salad with apple added. All 3 of us had excellent seafood dishes, I had Nantucket Bay Scallops that were in season only for a short time. My wife had the seared Ahi tuna that was cooked perfectly, just seared on the outside and red and rare inside. Her brother had the Swordfish.

The wines were well chosen and there seemed to be a good range of prices with many affordable choices.

Other then the low lighting the only other thing was that the music was rather loud. I've heard the patio is a good choice but on the night we were there it was booked for a private event.