“Great every time - amazing bananas foster dessert”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.
Reviewed 25 January 2015

We love coming here when we visit the area. Wildfish offers an upscale dining experience in a contemporary setting. I'm struggling to say which item is best to choose from as all are quite delicious. This past trip my wife and I shared the swordfish and their 16oz new york sirloin which they split for us and created two surf and turf plates. We also got the South African lobster tail which was amazing. Our server, Nicolette was spectacular - attentive, informed and very pleasant - she made our evening better than expected.

No matter how much you each make sure you get the bananas foster - it's more than dessert, it is by far one of the top 3 desserts I've ever had anywhere.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

Going out to Wildfish is a nice experience. Nicolette served us last night and was outstanding. She explained the menu well, was attentive to all our needs, and even handled a complaint with grace and ease. Our food was delicious. The only negative was the wedge salad. It came out very dry and the top of the wedge was brown. My husband did not eat it and sent it back, not wanting a replacement. Other than that - amazing. My husband ordered the steak and I the swordfish. We told them we would like to share and they split the meals for us. The presentation on the plates were pretty as well. I have a gluten allergy, and Nicolette was very attentive to make sure I did not have any problems. Over all, a great dining experience. Expensive, but worth it for special occasions.

1  Thank joyful93
Reviewed 14 January 2015

Delicious 4 meals by all of us. Appetizers were great and service was wonderful. there was nothing we could have asked for that wasnt already thought of my the staff

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Has one of the best Happy Hours I have been to. A number of specially priced appetizers and drinks.
Drinks were great and appetizers were excellent, including shrimp, tuna and crab cake appetizers. Dinner is excellent as well. Will definitely go back on next visit to Newport.

1  Thank AKK
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Our waiter Manny was very friendly and attentive to our needs. I had the Grand Banks Scallops and my companion had the Scottish Salmon. Both were excellent. We shared two small sides of au gratin potatoes and sauteed Monterey-style corn. Everything was served very hot, not lukewarm. The sides were as good as the entree. We decided to try the pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. It came to the table and the waiter lit the brandy and poured it over the cake. It was excellent, especially with the after dinner coffee. We had early reservations so we did not observe the high noise level until we were ready to leave. My only complaint is that it is so dark in the restaurant that we had a hard time reading the menu. It is pricey, but the food is excellent.