“Scrumptious Seafood and Service”

Wildfish Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wildfish Seafood Grille is committed to offering fresh prime seafood, aged USDA prime steaks, creative cocktails, and an award winning wine list. Set in a casual, contemporary atmosphere focused around the combined energy of the centerpiece bar and lounge, innovative oyster & raw bar, open-air patio and exhibition kitchen. The menu is made up of imaginative creations prepared fresh with superior quality seafood, utilizing the best preparations, and simple, light sauces to enhance the delicate flavors. The Wildfish Seafood Grille restaurant and patio bars are the place to be for HAPPY HOUR! Enjoy a selection of 1/2 price appetizers,$6 martinis and wines by the glass from 4 to 7 pm seven nights a week, and all night on Sundays and Mondays. Planning an event? The patio is the perfect place to host your next business outing, private party, special event or any large group. Join us at Wildfish Seafood Grille Where Prime Seafood, USDA Prime Steaks and Good Times are always in season.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Although this gustatory delight is located in a shopping center, parking was not an issue.
The atmosphere is somewhat formal and fun at the same time - we watched our team win in the hockey playoffs! Before that even happened I fell in love with the menu - everything sounded wonderful, and my only disappointment was that we didn't have time to return on the same trip. My husband had Sangria and I ordered a Red Dragon cocktail - kudos to the bartenders! My husband enjoyed the crab and corn chowder, and my oysters from both coasts were fresh and just perfect. He went on to a salmon dinner with bliss on his face and I had the Georges Bank Scallops exquisitely cooked and served with a delicious sauce (read 'mop the plate'). The service could not be faulted, and the entire staff from hostess to food servers was both friendly and professional. The prices are moderate to high, but this is one place where it is worth it.

1  Thank JoanneJourneys

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We love this restaurant, we looking forward to coming here whenever we're in Newport Beach. The service is top-notch, the food is always great, and the atmosphere is fun. This last visit, Anna, was our server, and she is excellent--gracious, professional, friendly, and helpful.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Celebrated anniversary with my wife. When we were seated my wife was presented a fresh red rose and a handwritten note congratulating us on our Anniversary. Ordered the Parmesan Crusted Sole and I had the Sea Bass. Fish was outstanding. I also had the Crab and Corn Chowder which was incredibly good. Our waiter then offered us choices of several complimentary deserts. We chose the warm Lava Cake with Ice Cream. This was not a token desert some places would offer, it was the normal sized portion. Service was great as was the entire experience. Menu is pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This restaurant is amazing. Its so lovely inide and beautifully decorated. It is very customer service oriented in that they have ramps for those who cannot climb steps for any reason. The drink menu is extensive and thorough. They have every type of wine and beer and liquor imaginable. The menu itself is laid out in a way that I would not have expected but I really found it quite impressive. First was the Oyster Bar with a variety of East Coast and then West Coast options, next was the appetizers, then second course course, then you move on to Prime Seafood then the Chefs Classics and the premium Hand Cut Steaks and as they call it indulgences ets. I ordered the Georges Baks Scallops as did our friend and my husband ordered the Filet Medalions, Oscar style with lump crab asparagus and bernaise. The table is brough bread and butter and let me say it is great bread, its very flavorful. My scallops did not disappoint, they were fantastic and had a little bit of citrus throughout the brown butter, it was so delicious. I tried the medalions of my husbands and the steak was done to perfection and the crab was delicious with that bernaise and asparagus, and we ordered a side of the brussel sproutsand that was enough to feed 3 people with a little left but if we could have ww would have finsished it. The sprouts came with with bacon and shallots and OH MY GOSH, soooooo good. Their was so much food we did not have room for dessert but my guess is that it would have been as impressive as the meal itself.
Let me say that as good as this meal was, it was our server, Melissa that made it GREAT. She was funny and engaging and she was incredibly knowledgeable on the menu and she was attentive to every need we may have had. SHe was perfection and so was this meal..It is a must go!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Dined here for the first time while traveling. Located in a shopping center (valet parking available!), this was a pleasant surprise once we got inside. Beautifully appointed restaurant and bar... wait staff in white coats. Good wine list- many diners brought their own bottle- we'll do that next time. Marissa took good care of us and answered all our questions about the hour menu. We had crab cake starter, followed by the scallops and swordfish. Delicious! Saved enough room to share a creme brûlée for dessert. We will definitely be back.