“Excellent ”

Andrea at Pelican Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Andrea at Pelican Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 536 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Newport Coast Drive
Description: The unprecedented attention to detail in Andrea, to recreate storied culinary traditions and classic dishes bursting with the true flavors of Italy, has resulted in remarkable Northern Italian cuisine, with Tuscan influences in particular, that rivals the nation's top Italian restaurants.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner was delicious. The menu had a great selection of appetizers, entree’s and wine. The view from this restaurant is absolutely stunning. We ate outside. The grounds are beyond beautiful. If you look of into the distance you can see Catalina Island. Definitely worth visiting again. The price for dinner was a little high but worth it.

Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at Andrea at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello NSD70,

Thank you for joining us for dinner! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed a picturesque evening, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another delicious, ocean-view meal soon. We appreciate your kind feedback!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The dining room is nice. Their wine list is spectacular. The menu itself is somewhat limited. The service is average. The food is average. While our salads were good, my chicken scallopini was spicy!! I had to send it back. My husband's entree was bland. Maybe we should have stuck with the pastas. Better food options nearby, but this is a convenient dining option if staying at the resort.

Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at Andrea at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Hello Aluor,

I apologize that your dinner at Andrea left you disappointed, and we thank you for sharing your feedback on our Andrea and Resort pages. Please know that I've taken this opportunity to personally address your service concerns and feedback on the chicken scallopini with our management and culinary teams, so we may continue to improve our guest's overall experience. I've also shared a private message with you, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a much-improved meal soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Haven’t had a meal like this in a long time. Grilled octopus appetizer, Dover sole with lemon sauce fileted table side, flavorful veal osso bucco, and caramela chocolate cake. The service was top notch.

Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at Andrea at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your thoughtful review! I'm glad to read that you enjoyed a delicious meal, and I'll be sure to share your kind words about the grilled octopus, Dover sole, Osso Bucco and chocolate cake with our culinary team as well. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable dining experience soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Three things to say.
The food. Outstanding. If I worked for Michelin I would have awarded the chef a star. From time of order to arrival at table at the perfect temperature, the meal was as close to perfect as any meat product could be.
The service was outstanding. Worth a 20%.
And my favorite aspect was the ambiance.
The room is a masterpiece of design for a fine dining experience. Down to the smell. I want a neutral air environment, not clogged with nasty perfumes and detergents. At the every most I want to smell what's happening in the kitchen.ANdrea got this balance perfect for my taste.
The choice and abundance of fresh flowers nourish two senses, the eye and the nose, pleasingly. Finally, the highlight of our evening in terms of exceptional quality, the live music. I have never heard such a skilled musician playing just guitar and occasional harmonica in such perfect harmony with the room.
I am frequently annoyed by musicians performing too loud or making inappropriate repertoire choices for a dining experience. This musician played songs I have never heard before, not tired old standards, at a level that was ideal. There if you wanted to enjoy and subtle enough to tune out for table conversation. By the end of our meal, watching him at work I wanted to stand up and clap.
The occasion was my songs Phd celebration (my son the brain doctor) and so we were not as mindful of cost as usual, which is just as well because the experience does not come cheap, but I will say, for the three reasons I mentioned, Andrea is well worth the money.

Pelican_Hill_Resort, Manager at Andrea at Pelican Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for choosing Andrea for your son's PhD celebration dinner and for taking the time to share such a thoughtful review of your dining experience. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your evening and have taken this opportunity to share your kind words with our culinary team and live musicians. We appreciate your visit and hope to welcome you back for another meal soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Nice dining room with booths or window views. Good menu and great wine list.

Duck ravioli was excellent. Sensible portion size too, not too big. Lobster pasta dish very good too.

Great selection of Italian wines.