All reviews john wayne airport full size fridge close to the airport small kitchen irvine area checking in nice room fashion island convenience california newport
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Didn't have a very good experience here. First, I had a free nights stay to use and was told two different things from the front desk staff on how to redeem it. Front desk person at check-in told me I had done it wrong and couldn't honor it. Wasn't very nice about it. Nothing in the rooms to speak of, no coffee maker, no cups, etc. No workout facility here. 3 of the 5 washing machines were broken and the 4th ate my quarters and required me to nag the front desk to open up the machine. Floors are noisy, housekeeping repeatedly let the doors bang shut making it worse. It's reasonable for the money but wouldn't recommend it overall.

Room tip: End room, top floor.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you experienced in your room. We assure you that we have discussed your feedback with the appropriate departments, and we’re taking immediate actions to avoid such mistakes going forward. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a more favorable experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I have stayed at multiple ESAs before and it's always a crap-shoot; you never know what you're gonna get, even at the same location.

Let me preface my review by saying I had a co-worker stay at this location months prior and had a terrible experience. My experience was quite a bit different.

I stayed here almost 2 weeks and enjoyed my stay overall. The receptionist was friendly and I was able to get my cookware (which actually looked clean) within 3 hours of checking in.

I had a standard room and enjoyed how spacious it was. My A/C actually worked and didn't emit any strange smells. As far as things messed up in the room (there always is), I had very few problems. The shower spigot was very leaky, the microwave door was very finicky and refused to latch most of the time, and the closet shelving was partially ripped out of the wall, The room looked very clean, except for the carpet.I didn't find any used contraceptive devices or syringes, so that's a huge +.

I never had problems finding a parking spot. There was always plenty of parking in the back and I normally used the secure backdoor to get in and out, as it leads directly to the stairwell.

I did not use the Wi-Fi, as it always blows. I just saved up some extra data and used my hotspot.

One thing I almost forgot to mention; I stayed on the 3rd floor and noticed the windows were open. I tried closing one and it wouldn't budge. I noticed the other window tabs appeared to be broken, likely from someone trying to force the window closed. I later found out they leave them open because so many people burn their food.

Not much else to really say. I have had much worse experiences before, but who knows, if I stayed here again, it may be completely different. Such is the nature of ESA...

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Sai, thank you for your detailed review. We’re happy to know you were pleased with your spacious room and that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. However, we’re sorry for if you were inconvenienced due to the problems you mentioned. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with the concerned teams, and will use it to enhance our service and facilities. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose Extended Stay America on your next trip to Newport Beach.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I stayed here while on business in the area. It was one of the few places that had an opening for the dates I needed. Overall, it was a nice place. This hotel is really setup for people who are on extended stays, so the normal hotel amenities are at a minimum (no restaurant, not always someone at the front desk, etc.). The room was nice and had everything I needed for a business stay. There was a full kitchen, but no cookware or dinnerware unless you requested them. The hotel is in a very commercial business type area, so there are not many restaurants or shops within walking distance. The morning breakfast was packed granola bars and muffins with coffee.

Room tip: Very quiet even though it was near the airport.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We’re happy to know you found us to be at a fair price and that our proximity to the airport was convenient for you. However, we’re sorry for the not meeting some of your expectations. Please know, to ensure the cleanliness of kitchenware upon check-in, brand standards require us to make these items available at the front desk rather than leaving them in the suites. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The service was really nice. The rooms where very big. Some with even a kitchen available for a very good price. Available light morning breakfast was included.
Very close to local airport. Large front parking lot.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are glad to know you loved each and every aspect of our hotel and that you found us to be a good value. Thanks again, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Nutzia at the front desk made my 5 night stay the best I've had anywhere in the last 10 years. What a great employee they chose to hire. All employees should take a lesson from this intelligent gem!

Personable,knowledgeable,polite and an over all excellent choice for hire. A smile that greets you and is genuinely ready to help your stay be the best stay possible and exceeds at doing so.

I have never written a review on an employee before basically because I havent interacted with one so delightful and deserving.

Extended Stay had the great sense to hire her and I hope she is rewarded for the excellent work ethic, job, attitude and customwr service skills she possesses.

And shes beautiful! Easy on the eyes as well.

Thank you Nutzia for the fantastic service, great conversation, clear communication and kindness you provided me throughout my stay!
Job well done!

Denise Bubonic

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Denise, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Extended Stay America. We agree with your remarks that Nutzia is an awesome member of our great team. Our staff works hard to create memorable experiences for every guest. We will pass on your gracious compliments, as we know that she will truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Santa Ana.