“Family Fun, fresh fish. ”

Bear Flag Fish Co-Newport Peninsula
Ranked #32 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Bear Flag Fish Co. is the seafood wonderland we all long for on idle summer days, a fish market-cum-restaurant where brilliant slabs of tuna glint like rubies and the spindrift of crashing waves hangs in the air. It’s minimalism at its seafaring best — Bear Flag understands that often all a fish needs is a satisfying char and the salty rush of a beach breeze.- LA TimesThe Bear Flag Fish Co. pushes a healthy lifestyle that’s exuded from just about everything in their spot, including the food, the decor and the good looking people coming in and out.-FoodBeastSometimes good food is simply, simple. Its fresh ingredients create an effortless melody, the kind you find stuck in your head when you’re in the shower, or driving to work or when you’re cleaning up around the house. -OC Register
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Located in nautical neighborhood the bear flag fish company serves up the best cuts from the best fish fresh out of the ocean and expertly prepared. This place has a good vibe and will force you to eat healthy.

My family and I want to the Newport Peninsula location and there was something for each of us. We enjoyed the pokey and fish tacos along with an epic seafood burrito.

Call beer, cool vibes and fresh fresh in a nautical neighborhood makes for a good combination.

There are newer reviews for Bear Flag Fish Co-Newport Peninsula

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Great poke!! Made to order fish sandwiches on yummy bread or pick a burrito. Fish made to order and so fresh! Eat in or grab it to go.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Went to Bear Flag with my sister and her husband. I started with a half and hald of salmon and tuna poke. It was great and the chips were fresh. I asked for more chips and they gave me them no problem. Then I had two yummy salmon fish tacos and sauce with them was excellent! My sister and bro in law had a salmon dinner that was so big the split it. All around great meal!! I have been back since then, and they never disappoint.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We ate at both this location and Crystal Cove, both excellent. Extensive seafood menu, we had poke and it was delicious. Excellent quality, reasonable drinks list. I wish their was once close to our home.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Love this place, not expensive quality seafood sandwiches and salads. I got a yellowtail sandwich and my husband albacore salad. Both fishes were really nicely cooked. Would definitely go back!