“Fabamundo food and service and get ready to pay for it, but wth it”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Miguel
Description: The Newport Beach Fleming's can be found at Fashion Island, close to John Wayne Airport, the Island Hotel and the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa. Join us for drinks after work and select from our list of 100 wines by the glass. Then stay and enjoy an innovative menu inspired by our passion for steak and wine, including our new Dry-Aged Prime Ribeye.
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We decided to go a Sunday night since, after research, this was the only night they officially served a prime rib type dinner. We didn't know if it would be very crowded on a Sunday night so we set up reservation for 7pm. We made that reservation at about 12pm on the same day and we did it online. I am disabled so we needed to bring the wheelchair in case a booth or seating wasn't available that I could fit into. When we arrived at the valet park service right at the front door, a Rolls Royce was basically parked or 'on display' right there. We are in 'Newporsche Bleach'I aren't we? I did like the suicide door setup on the Rolls though.

Once we got into the restaurant and spoke to the host/hostess, we requested a booth and were promised one. The place was totally packed with a few waiting to be seated so for a Sunday night, I was a bit surprised. The wine/bar area was very well occupied also since the NCAA basketball tourney was being televised and many were in there eating, drinking and just watching the games. When to booth became available right about reservation time we sat down, went through the menus a both decided to get the prime rib dinner.

The PRD (prime rib dinner) combination includes your choice of any of the available salads, side and desert on the menu. Let me tell you that on the menu the side dishes say they are 'fit for two' and they sure are! I ordered the 'loaded' baked potato and it was surely loaded. I can easily call it one of the largest, finest loaded potato's I have ever received. Loaded with butter, cheese, sour cream and bacon. To be perfect I would have only added a bit of onion or scallions. Wifey ordered seared Brussel sprouts and they were fabamundo too. For an appetizer we ordered the calamari and that was also great to appetize with.

My only slight drawback was the prime rib cut. I don't think this was the usual top notch grade of beef for this serving and I would prefer a bit thicker cut. It tasted great and the three dipping sauces were fine too. I always prefer a horseradish dip. The au jus dip was very rich and not what I have encountered in the past but I liked it. . When you finish as much as you devour from all that, then get prepared for the desert.

I decided to get the chocolate lava cake that came with ice cream scoops and she got the creme brûlée. To the two deserts could have just been a dinner for me since I am very fond of both. The really surprising part was the creme brûlée was literally the largest creme brûlée I have ever seen! That also, tasted fabamundo. The lava cake was also very large and came with two decent scoops of vanilla ice scream. The deserts were so large I couldn't even finish them so that means we were truly sated at this point in time.

The best part of the evening was having a chat with the server. When she inquired about my injury and I started to explain skydiving, she said she had been on a tandem at the very place I had started from and did most of my jumps. What a coincidence!

Many will call this a 'too expensive' place but with all that it included, to us the price is not so bad. One or a couple can easily rank up the cost if you are imbibing in drinks and/or wine for the meal so be prepared. If you are ready for great food, portions and service and are ready to pay for it, Fleming's is a fine place to enjoy.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

We came here for Happy Hour. The world's best $8 hamburger with fries. Burrito app and two big glasses of Vino Confuse. Good service. Greta there early. The place was packed when the gates opened

1  Thank DBKuper
Reviewed 1 March 2017

The food, atmosphere and service are impeccable. We were celebrating 3 birthdays, all family members and they went out of their way to make sure it was perfect down to the last detail. Our waiter form about a month before also came by to wish us Happy Birthday as he recognized us from our last visit. Not one bad thing to say about Fleming's...just love everything about this restaurant, but if yo are on a budget, this is not your place.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I know it was Valentine's Day and all but my wife and I and another couple went to Flemings in Fashion Island and the restaurant was very busy as you would expect on Valentines day. We did NOT eat from a preset menu. We ordered off the regular menu. First off we brought our own 3 bottles of wine. They informed us the first two bottle would cost 20.00 each for corkage and the 3rd would be 40.00. That is the most I have ever heard of anywhere. (Rip Off Alert) Food was only so so. I ordered Chilean Seabass which was good but the piece of fish was the size of about 4 fingers width for 46-49 dollars. The modern Caesar salad was terrible. For a party of four and our own 3 bottles of wine it was about 510.00 for 4 people. The worst part was the restrooms. Here we are in Newport Beach in a very expensive restaurant and the restrooms were DISGUSTING! It was a unisex bathroom style and there was urine and paper everywhere. Service was good but over all very dissapointing. We will stick to Maestro's and Morton's.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

My husband took me here tonight for Valentines day. He had made a reservations and it was packed. Loved the s and romantic dim light. The Caesar salad was simple and delicious and the right temperature,COLD!!!! The Fillet Mignon was a little dry and chewy, but Then , I ordered mine, "well". The cream Brûlée nicely completed our dinner. A very nice experience. I love their beautiful " wine " paintings throughout the restaurant.