“Best steak I ever had.”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Ranked #26 of 536 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: San Miguel
Description: The Newport Beach Fleming's can be found at Fashion Island, close to John Wayne Airport, the Island Hotel and the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa. Join us for drinks after work and select from our list of 100 wines by the glass. Then stay and enjoy an innovative menu inspired by our passion for steak and wine, including our new Dry-Aged Prime Ribeye.
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We were looking for somewhere to eat steak. This place seemed to fit the bill. Approaching the door from across the car park, I noticed a Mclaren 720s parked outside and decided I felt underdressed in my shorts and T shirt and realised the bill would be a large one.
We were well received even though we had not booked. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and we ate the most delicious steak I have ever encountered. My wife had a creme brulee for desert which we ended up sharing because the taste was so damned good! Expensive though!

Reviewed August 8, 2018

This feels like a wedding/conference venue, in that there is fine-dining service with white table cloths and the classic 'alternate-drop' dishes of fillet mignon and chicken with choice of sauces on the menu...the dishes do not come with vegetables, you have to order sides. Having said that, the meat was well-cooked, if a little boring. It was very expensive. I'd take my grandpa or my baby-boomer parents here, as it is 'safe' and predicatable, but if you are after creative cuisine I'd look elsewhere.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I was there with my date. When I order Filet Mignon with Grilled High Country Asparagus when we start to eat, we change our conversation to the delicious, lovely and tasty steak with a glass Cabernet Sauvignon wine we both enjoy of excellent food with nice atmosphere ❤️

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Came here to celebrate our son's 23rd birthday while he was in leave from the Air Force. As always it was extremely good. Great service front the hosts, to our server, to all of the other staff. Our steaks were made to perfection and the sides delicious. The sweet chili calamari was I believe probably the best we've ever had. We also had the chocolate lava cake, which you need to wait for while they make it, and is well worth the wait. In fact, we were so full from dinner that the wait was actually a really good thing. Dinner at Fleming's was a terrific choice for our son's last day home on leave and to celebrate his birthday. We highly recommend.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Fleming's is special to us since this was our first steakhouse in California. To set the context, California does not have steaks like the Midwest or NYC but Fleming's ( and Mastro's ) do a great job and we absolutely love both. Fleming's is expensive but not over the top like Mastro's. Between the two, its hard to decide which is better. The ambience is very lively and humming. Their service has been perfect every time we went. and we always have a great time at Fleming's. The prime bone-in rib-eye and the prime dry aged rib-eye are my favorites and really delicious and tender. Their mushrooms sides as well as the Brussels sprouts are out of this world. They have a good selection of wine list. The lava cake are a must as dessert. You can't get wrong with this place!!!