“Love the decor!”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: As of 3 September, 2018 we are temporarily closing to reconstruct our building. Follow us on Instagram @thecrabcooker for construction updates! Our location in Tustin, CA remains open to serve all of your favorite menu items. Serving the world's finest seafood since 1951! We are a family owned and operated seafood restaurant located on the Newport Beach peninsula. Our grandfather opened this location and our family has proudly served the world's best seafood ever since. Join us for a delicious seafood dinner of Pacific-caught Alaskan King Crab, Dungeness Crab, a variety of fresh fish fillets or shellfish and, of course, our famous clam chowder. Or, visit our market to take any of our menu items or fresh fish to go. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This place is great! Love the eclectic decor! Think we heard it’s going to be closed for a while for renovations, but we’re hoping they won’t change the decor! Anyway, back to the food—we had shrimp cocktail and crabcakes. We were surprised that there was no fried shrimp. The shrimp cocktail was good—a little different, but good. The crabcakes not so much, which is a little strange in a place called The Crab Cooker! They were very small and thin and relatively expensive for what they were. Still recommend The Crab Cooker!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

The place is very authentic, different, the sea food is fresh, but after that anything special as a gastronomic experience at all. Good service

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I ate there twice on my trip. Used to be better years ago. One night recently I had king crab legs. They were average at best. Didn't taste fresh. The next night I went back. The clam chowder was good. My entree was crab cakes. They were below average. Not very tasty. Certainly not in the same league as Maryland crab cakes I have had on the seashore in Maryland. The cole slaw with both meals was standard. I had mashed potatoes both times. First time they were good. The second time too heavy and not as tasty. Had to wait outside a long time to get a table. Restaurant atmosphere is good, but cramped. Wait staff is overworked and in a rush and not attentive. Was difficult to get their attention. I'm being generous in giving three stars. Two and a half at most. Nixon used to eat here. He would be disappointed today. Cashier claimed they didn't give receipts for cash payments; sounds suspect.

1  Thank Les G
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Very iconic restaurant with great fresh seafood. The location is also very convenient since it is quite close to the beach pier.
The food was very good, and the service impeccable. The only shortcoming is that they serve the meals in plastic dishes. Nevertheless, it does not disturb that much the great quality of the products

Reviewed August 21, 2018

My hubby grew up in Huntington Harbor. We live in AZ now, but EVERY SINGLE trip back, we MUST stop at the original Crab Cooker! He's been there hundreds of times, and now I can say I've been there dozens of times! He loves to tell stories of longtime servers, family trips, the history of the location, how the area has changed, etc. We are sad that our next couple of visits, it will be closed for renovations...but we will eagerly await it reopening as the "new" renovated version. Swordfish and the romano potatoes are our favorites. Until we meet again...