“Great place for seafood with a great view”
Review of Rusty Pelican

Rusty Pelican
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 528 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Dr
Description: With spectacular waterfront views and an eclectic menu of fresh seafood and tender steaks, it's no wonder Rusty Pelican has become a Newport Beach dining destination. We are proud to be a recipient of Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 - a distinction bestowed upon only the nation's premier restaurants.
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We drove from LA to eat at Rusty Pelican since we had a rental car. I'm a Landry's Select member so I'm always looking for a Landry's restaurant. This is the only Rusty Pelican location. You pay $5 for valet parking which is a good deal compared to some places. We didn't have a reservation but we were seated immediately. Our server was very friendly and gave some good recommendations. Their dishes are a little on the pricey side but the food is good. I didn't care for their bread but enjoyed everything else. I had the Flagship which was swordfish with some excellent seasoning. It came with yukon gold potatoes.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

My wife had the salmon I tried the swoard fish. Both cooked to preferfection with tasty sauces. Would gladly visit again

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I remember loving this restaurant, but it had been several years since I’d been there...maybe it’s better for dinner than lunch. Over cooked fish with some sort of inedible sauce and horrible service. Not a good place to celebrate a birthday.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

My wife and I decided that we would both go to the Rusty Pelican after driving by it for 30 years. A special dinner , centrally located

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Great seafood, reasonably priced with good cocktails too. Great location, would recommend going for sunset and sitting outside if you can.