“Bear Flag Regular for over 6 years”

Bear Flag Fish Co.- Crystal Cove
Ranked #11 of 536 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Bear Flag Fish Company was founded in 2007. Bear Flag Fish Company specializes in the freshest seafood in town. The creation of the company started with the love of the ocean and most of all the love and the knowledge of fresh seafood.
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Bear Flag is a delicious locals spot that is a must go! I have been a regular of Bear Flag since they were in their original location and let me tell you it is always delicious! Get the Ahi Poke with the chips, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

After having ordered many times in the past, fresh fish to be picked up in order to avoid the long lines for lunch - I called to order 1.5 pounds of yellowtail to be cut and ready for my husband to pick up. I was told by the guy who answered the phone that “we don’t do that”. I mentioned that I had done it many times in the past only to be told it was probably a “rookie”, because we don’t do that. I practically begged and finally hung up after this rude person couldn’t come up with a logical explanation as to why he couldn’t just put together a pound and a half of yellowtail to be picked up in 10 minutes. Goodbye Bear Flag - I’ll just shop at Santa Monica Seafood where they DO that. It’s called customer service.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Been going to their locations for over 3 years. Good food, fresh and priced is fair for what you get. Would recommend to anyone in the area of either the Cove or Lido Island. Great place to have a quick lunch or early dinner. They also have excellent fresh fish you can buy to take home. Somewhat pricey but you can count on freshness. Services is quick and good.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Ahi Poke!! I get it every time. I'll stop in to catch up with friends and it's a very simple dish that's quick to grab and tasty to eat. Add a beer to that and you're golden! Chips come with it as well if you want to eat the poke with chips. Love this place. Some people say it's expensive for what they have but I'll gladly pay for good poke!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We stopped by for lunch on a Sunday, place is located in a shopping center, easy and free parking! It was very busy, line was out the door, you have to be patient to get a table; ceviche was awesome as well as the ahi poke, also ordered grilled fish and vegetables, all very tasty!