“Great seafood, but take a loan before dinner”
Review of The Cannery

The Cannery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cannery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 512 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32nd Street
Reviewed 21 June 2016

The Cannery is highly acclaimed as the it's it New Port Beach seafood place. The food is top notch, but $100 for Abalone, and $80 for a Rib Eye Is in my opinion an insult to patrons, especially since you can go to the Studio Grill at the Montage Laguna Beach and have the Chefs tasting menu for not much more. I will not return.

There are newer reviews for The Cannery

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I was with a group of fish eaters and they raved about the food, but unfortunately for me, not much on the menu not containing meat or fish. Great location and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We love this spot for a romantic evening right on the water. Fab decor and the best seafood. The wine list is exceptional. The waiters are always helpful with suggestions of good wines at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

My second visit here with the family and I was not disappointed, really escentric cool place to start with, it's a converted seafood cannery and it still carries a lot of its charm.

The food and service were exceptional, I ordered the Branzino ( Grilled Whole fish) sat out on the deck over looking the harbor couldn't of been a nicer experience.

I highly recommend this establishment, will return again....

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Went here as a recommendation from our hotel for lunch. It was a beautiful setting overlooking the harbor and we had an outdoor seat. Not sure if I would have liked the experience indoors. The fish tacos were incredible, some of the best we have ever had. It was a more expensive lunch but very worth it.