“Of the best Fish 'n Chips I have ever had!”

Billy's At The Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Billy's At The Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I don't profess to be a Fish 'n Chips aficionado, but I do order the dish frequently. Also, I am not necessarily a traditionalist when it comes to my judgement; any type of fish is worthy of a try! Billy's is a fun place on the water at the North end of Newport Bay with a fun atmosphere for lunch after a morning of Whale watching or walking on the beach. The Pacifico beer battered Ono was of the best Fish 'n Chips I have ever had! Light and crispy on the outside, firm, yet moist on the inside. Perfecto! My wife had the Prime Rib Sandwich which also excellent. I just feel badly that I couldn't have sampled all the tasty looking appetizers, too. And don't let me forget about the selection of beers to go along with the great food and views. Unfortunately, the best views of the bay are inside the restaurant rather than outside on the patio. Oh, well, you can't have it all!

2  Thank Halfman1

Reviewed 23 February 2017

My wife and I stopped in after a visit to Laguna Beach. Even though the restaurant was very busy, we were seated right away. The food was excellent although a bit on the high priced side. Service was also excellent. They had a great live band in the main dining area. We were seated on the pier/outside area and had a great view of the boats.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Enjoyed Poke Tower, Louie Salad, Drinks and friendliness! Living music and kind people made the atmosphere!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

A chance to meet with friends for our once a year get together, place was chosen as it was a half way point between our locations. Easy to get to, parking was great, location was even better, being on the water, with lovely view of the yachts moored there. We had a reservation, there was no waiting, great table, and great service. A full menu, something for everyone, for sure. Great experience over all. Would definitely go back another time.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

This was not a cheap place to eat but it was lunch so it wasn't too bad. The food was reasonable but the service seemed a bit slow. The food was reasonable.