“Tasty Lunch and Conversation”
Review of Haute Cakes

Haute Cakes
Ranked #88 of 524 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

While in Newport Beach for a business trip, my clients took me out for a quick lunch before our meetings resumed. We went to the nearby Haute Cakes, a favorite of their staff.

Walking through the courtyard, I could tell from the conversations and by looking at the plates that this would be a good place for lunch. My clients had a salad and soup; I chose the BLTA, the local take on the Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato - by adding avocado. The sandwich was amazing - especially the homemade mayo. Along with a selection of fruit, it was a very nice lunch.

Even with all the tables full nearby, we were able to have a good conversation over lunch. With lots of menu choices, it's easy to see why Haute Cakes is a popular place.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

We're completely mystified as to the popularity of this place. We came because of all the good reviews, and there was a crowd there, so we expected great food. But the pancakes were flat and tasted like they were made from a mix. The eggs were rubbery and tasteless. The service was really good, and the setting is pleasant.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere is inviting and the food delicious and satisfying. We have been coming here for years!

This morning i had the classic American scramble--eggs with real bacon bits and perfect amount of cheese folded in, along with a side of skillet potatoes just slightly charred and crunchy toast! Of course, a side of avocado comes with it and I spread on my crunchy toast to make avocado toast!

Yummy breakfast and now I have the energy to fuel my busy day!

Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for years, and I have tried almost everything on the menu. The baked goods are to die for. Coffee is excellent and although seemingly crowded, the line goes fast and food comes out fast and there always seems to be a table opening up.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Tough to park
Line out the door and surprisingly fast
Their basic coffee is just okay
The raspberry croissant was a winner
My Bfast sandwich with the fried egg- ugh- very messy and not cooked enough on the egg/ just not recommended
My friends shortrib burrito better option
Gets to be really cool outside in the shade