“Kicking & Lively”

Bosscat Kitchen and Libations
Ranked #77 of 536 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This industrial-chic dining room serving elevated Southern classics stocks more than 100 whiskeys.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

5 of us went for a late dinner and it was great. Amazing beer selection (scotch Ale was a table favorite).
The bartender accommodated our meal requests amazingly. The Brick Chicken & dirty rise, bosscat burger & the chicken sandwich were all the meals we ordered.
Great spot for a night with friends.

We didn’t order any but their whiskey selection IS HUGE

Reviewed August 3, 2018

I guess I'm just getting old. The staff was extremely friendly. Service excellent. Just a tad noisy for an old guy. I did spy a private room just for two. Love to sit in there. We asked about the cost...my wife was sure it would cost..but no, there is no charge for the little room for two. Now if you want the larger private room...Its a grand...but might be very nice for a meeting. Other places charge more. Just had appetizers, but they were interesting. Meatloaf deep fried? Great, but I personally wasn't overwhelmed by the sauce. Avocado toast..very tasty, but a tad expensive for toast. Still very nice.The burgers...Oh my gosh. I didn't get one, but I should have. Can you say "mile high".

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Kinda wished we ate here as a group after seeing some of the reviewer photos (alas, maybe next time!). My visit this time was for drinks after dinner from a recommendation from a friend who lives in the area. Cool vibe, great service, and good drinks - life is good!!

1  Thank billybob101
Reviewed July 27, 2018

I was stuck in Newport Beach on a sales trip, living out of a suitcase and eating tired hotel food that was trying to be clever but failing at every turn. You know the drill, lame drinks at the hotel bar and uninspired food choices. On day two I hit my phone and searched for anything to eat nearby. I got several hits but the name "Bosscat Kitchen and Libations" stuck out as a potential winner. After reading a couple of the reviews I was up for the long boring six block walk to the restaurant.

(Newport Beach - Macarthur Blvd blocks are like 420 miles long. Maybe I'm exaggerating but they sure seem long.)

At any rate... I can hear the place from the parking lot. Kind of a dirty blues sound on that particular night. I open the doors and behold... there is a pulse in Newport Beach. Bosscat is like if you took John Lee Hooker and ran him through a craft cocktail strainer and made him work in a lumber mill serving pressed pork "cubana style" sandwiches. It's awesome. The place was hopping. Tables were booked so I grabbed a spot at the bar. My bartender was witty and on point with the service. Cocktails were fun and balanced. Not overly heavy with the booze but not short either. My pressed pulled pork sandwich was fresh and hot. I noticed that they made house pickles so I ordered a side of those as well, two house whiskey drinks and I'll tell you what... for an hour the life and belly of this weary traveler was happy. Thanks for being bad to the bone, Bosscat.

Next time I find myself in Newport Beach I will be finding my way back to Bosscat... without a doubt.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was amazing! Good place to come and enjoy drinks with friends. We went on a Saturday night and it wasn’t too crowded we were able to come and sit down right away. The staff was great and very attentive! I had the Moscow Mule which I was told was one of their more popular drinks and it was delicious just wish it was a little bit stronger. I was really interested in the meatloaf parmesan cubes and they were okay... not as good as I was expecting considering I LOVE meatloaf. However they made up for it with the pulled pork hush puppies!! They were delicious! My whole party all got different things on the menu so we can try a little bit of everything and the two best items were the hush puppies and the BC sandwich.
Overall nice place with a good atmosphere.