“Excellent Food with a View”
Review of Waterline

Waterline
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterline is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 511 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Everything about our meal and service was par excellence!! Appetizers, Lobster roll, Poached shrimp and curried carrots, were very tasty, Asparagus salad beyond compare, and the entrees, Lamb, Halibut and steak, were excellent!!

1  Thank jinksy33
There are newer reviews for Waterline

Reviewed 10 June 2016

This place is great! Sadly they got a past reputation that isn't deserved. The restaurant is top notch. The staff is great. The food delicious and the ambience and views are the best. We will return here often. The wine list is great. Come here and enjoy a great evening.

1  Thank Richard V
Reviewed 23 March 2016

This is a very good place to have a business meeting; the chairs are comfortable, it's fairly quiet and the visitors can look out at Newport Harbor. The place is nicely decorated and the staff is very upbeat and accommodating. The bread with tapenade and olive oil is excellent and the wine that I had was good. The dinner was just OK. I had a kale salad that had a small mound of kale and a giant piece of brie and an iPhone-size slab of bacon (I think). The sea bass was dry without much taste and it was a while since it had seen the pan, although the mushrooms and the risotto were good. There were two other fried things that weren't interesting enough to try. I'd come back for the view and the service and maybe try something else for my dinner.

1  Thank CaTraveler7777
Reviewed 19 March 2016

This has become my new favorite restaurant in OC - and top 5 in the US. Nine of us were celebrating a beach wedding. From me moment we arrived almost 45 minutes late we were treated like special guests, and looking around the dining area I know the rest of the tables were too. The food was perfection - very favorite was lamb (must order dish and I do not like or order lamb ever!). Other delicious creations included lobster risotto, melt in your mouth ahi tune and a perfectly cooked and seasoned filet.

The true highlight of the experience though was the service and especially that of our server James. He is a maestro whether working the room or a table. He knew just when and how to engage the table and his recommendations were as accurate and amazing as the food itself. We all agreed that James is the best server we've ever encountered - and that's saying a lot!

Bottom line - you must go to Waterline when in OC!

1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Perfectly cooked filet. Amazing service. Wine and champagne offering exceeded our expectations. The private table areas seated outside overlooking the bay are perfect for a business dinner.

1  Thank terrasea