“Fun eating... Right on the beach”

The Beachcomber Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Beachcomber Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 514 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Los Trancos
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Some friends took me here as part of a surprise birthday lunch. I have to
say I was surprised as we pulled into a state park. We walked to the ocean
and there was the Beachcomber. It was the first time I didn't mind that the
table wasn't ready, as we had a chance to take off our shoes and walk down
the beach. Once we got seated; because we were right on the beach, the view
was never better.

The first think we ordered were drinks. The signature drinks were served in
mason jars... big ones! They are known for their Bloody Mary's which, packed
with shrimp, crab claws, celery and more is a meal in itself.

The food was yummy. Salads, chicken skewers, seafood and more.

Since it was my birthday, along with singing I was delivered a brownie ala
mode... it was so chewy and good. I would highly recommend it even if it
isn't your birthday.

Some info- If you take a taxi or Uber you can be dropped off right at the
entrance. If you drive, you will have to park across the Hwy and walk via a
tunnel to get to the entrance of the park.

I would recommend the Beachcomber not only for the food, but for the
experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Went here after a long day of traveling from Maryland. We both had the Lobster club. Not inexpensive, but incredibly yummy! The fries are just fries, but they were fresh and hot. Parking is a pain. You have to park at the beach parking lot across rt 1 and either walk or take the shuttle. Don't forget your parking ticket! The restaurant can validate it for 3 hours. The shuttle will cost you $1 each way. We enjoyed our waiter as well. Shout out to Ryan - he was personable and made some suggestions for lunch as well as the rest of our trip. Thanks for a great first meal in California!

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We were on our last night of a 2 week trip around California. Went to the Beachcomber cafe for an evening meal which was fantastic. We had a great waiter, very friendly and informative. Food was brilliant as are the cocktails!

Can't beat the location, I just wish we had been able to go during the day to make the most of the view!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Weather was so nice so hubby & I decided to go out. Been wanting to come back here for a while - as I was looking at pictures on Yelp, the beignets with chocolate syrup really sold me to come here. My husband had the huevos rancheros and I had the corned beef and eggs AND of course the beignets- after all that's what we came here for. They were all yummy. So glad we decided to come out - hubby liked the place - it was worth the drive.
We plan to come back soon with mom but next time want to try the lunch and would wait for outside seating. Inside is a little tight. Our waiter, Al (I think is his name) was great. He even reminded us to get our parking pass validated.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The food is good, but not fantastic. The view is fantastic. Be sure to sit outside...and be sure to make a reservation. There is a long wait without one; and you need to make the reservation far in advance. Sunset is my favorite time to go, but any meal is worth it.